Big hello from Northampton England

cheffy

Hi all, i have just traded my Jeep Patriot for a black Journey SXT, i took it out for a test drive and really loved it, i had no intention of buying on, but the offer was too good to turn down and it included the GPS satnav pack, so it's fully loaded, and i pick it up on Monday, so i,ll let you know how i get on :-)

Hello cheffy----I traded my Patriot for an Avenger SXT 2.4 Auto. Yep plenty of good deals on Journeys over here. ........Pity its a run out model & we wont be getting anymore Dodges over here!!

Hi Tipronic, i believe you were on the patriot forums, and yes i understand that Dodge are pulling out, but i have a good deal with all the bells and whistles so hopefully it will be a good car, the issue with the patriot was it was a bit unrefined and too small for us, and i wanted a car with big enough boot for small camping trips without having to put the roof box on and this seems to fit the bill, i will let you know how i get on.

Cheers Cheffy

Yea Cheffy I also remember you from JP.com. I still visit now & again. As you stated the Journey is a UK bargain right now . I had a Journey SE 6 speed CRD as a loner a few weeks back & was mightily impressed. I'm doing a little hunting around & a Journey is still on the " Wish List"........Are you getting Auto or Manual??? Enjoy you Journey , when It arrives mate....Cheers....

Yea Cheffy I also remember you from JP.com. I still visit now & again. As you stated the Journey is a UK bargain right now . I had a Journey SE 6 speed CRD as a loner a few weeks back & was mightily impressed. I'm doing a little hunting around & a Journey is still on the " Wish List"........Are you getting Auto or Manual??? Enjoy you Journey , when It arrives mate....Cheers....

Hi Tiptronic,, i picked up the Journey which is a Manual, and i've just loaded 700 tunes on the hard drive, which is great, and the sound system is spot on, i love the fact the tank is bigger and that it's higher up that the Riot, also it's seems a bit more refined and quieter, although i had enjoyed having the 4x4, but hopefully won't miss it too much.

catch you later.

Hi Cheffy, another Journey owner based in the UK ! hopefully your DJ will turn out to be a great car, Im sure you are going to enjoy it, we bought an R/T model in Sea Blue with the Auto option and leather interior, its a beautiful car and makes me smile every time I get into it, long run's in it are something I look forward to and the evening commute thru central london with my tunes playing is a pleasure.

some time all the UK Journey owners should have a get together ?

on another note, and this may or may not be true/relevant but just last week I took a drive down to Marlboro cars in Isleworth in West London a Dodge/Chrysler main dealer, to discuss a warranty issue with my journey (some paint peeling on a door mirror)...anyway, I brought up this subject of Dodge pulling out of the UK and the current run of Journey's being the end of the line...not so the manager explained to me...its more of a ...and these are his exact words..." a rebranding exercise"...he went on to explain to me that although the Nitro bombed in the UK the Journey has exceeded their expectations and they intend to continue with the Journey in the UK market for the forseeable future, it is the Dodge Dealerships that are going to be 'rebranded' whatever that means...so wether this is true or not we will shortly see...

Yea I had a chat with my dealer last week , but I think they are in a state of "Flux" at the moment. The sales manager mentioned the 2.2 Diesel for the Patriot & maybe the Jeep Compass may get a re-launch back here in UK. They were also looking forward to some Chrysler badged Lancias in the future. A tech told me " Its only the brand name we are losing , other than that everything will remain much the same . However I'm not too sure exactly what this means????

Hi Cheffy, another Journey owner based in the UK ! hopefully your DJ will turn out to be a great car, Im sure you are going to enjoy it, we bought an R/T model in Sea Blue with the Auto option and leather interior, its a beautiful car and makes me smile every time I get into it, long run's in it are something I look forward to and the evening commute thru central london with my tunes playing is a pleasure.

some time all the UK Journey owners should have a get together ?

on another note, and this may or may not be true/relevant but just last week I took a drive down to Marlboro cars in Isleworth in West London a Dodge/Chrysler main dealer, to discuss a warranty issue with my journey (some paint peeling on a door mirror)...anyway, I brought up this subject of Dodge pulling out of the UK and the current run of Journey's being the end of the line...not so the manager explained to me...its more of a ...and these are his exact words..." a rebranding exercise"...he went on to explain to me that although the Nitro bombed in the UK the Journey has exceeded their expectations and they intend to continue with the Journey in the UK market for the forseeable future, it is the Dodge Dealerships that are going to be 'rebranded' whatever that means...so wether this is true or not we will shortly see...

Hi Mydodgejourney, really enjoying the car, thats why i've not responded so soon, been away, and covered 400 miles this weekend, so really got to grips with it, i'm still waiting for a hand book to come through from the crysler garage, i know i can down load it from the web if i get into any difficulties.

At the moment there is nothing that i don't like ,so touch wood all is good, what i have learn't is not to take road reports too seriously, and like my last car the Jeep Patriot, they don't fair too well, and what i really love, is they are not like the common euro box that everyone else drives, and i also love the looks you get when folk are trying to work out what the hell it is i'm driving.

I was also told that there might be a rebranding exercise, bit like the Chevvy and Dawoo senario, I guess we have to watch this space.

A dodge Journey meet sounds good , BBQ in the summer, as per my name i could doo the cooking:-)

regards and happy motoring

I'm just wondering if the Journey , in UK, ends up with Chrysler badging?? This will still give Chrysler UK an MPV (Mini Van) under the size of the old Voyager short wheelbase. This might be a good idea otherwise they would only have the larger Grand Voyager to offer the British public ---Just a thought!!

I just got this mail today from Chrysler UK, after asking them If the 2011 Journey will be available here, looks like they are keeping their cards close to their chests

Thank you for contacting Chrysler UK Limited and sharing with us your opinion concerning your Dodge Journey. We very much value your feedback.

In regards to the possible launch of Dodge Journey model 2011 we would like to advise that we currently have no news. Please visit our website www.dodge.co.uk as you will be able to see all updates there.

Our Customer Service team remain available to further assist you if required, we are open from Monday to Friday between 9:00 and 18:00, Tel - 01753 519874.

Sincerely,

Metin Tahsin

Customer Relationship Manager

Chrysler UK Limited

Hi RT owner,great to see another owner to the fore, I chose the black one because as i understand it the others colours are not as quick, something to do with polymers in the black paint that make it more aerodynamic :D

let us know when it arrives.

Tipronic and mydodgejourney, i don't think that Dodge have a clue at the moment, when i popped into the Chrysler garage, they were saying they couldn't get hold of cars, the 300c apparently was slowing to make room for the new model, the Patriot, was not available because they had used their quota of desil engines from Volkswagen, they were worried that they wouldn't have enough cars to sell, but interesting comment about re badging the Journey with a Chrysler badge, kinda makes sense....or they could stick a Fiat badge on it!

just have to wait and see. ;)

• 1 month later...

Hi From Snowy Gloucester England

Had my Journey for 6 weeks and now has 4000 miles on it . I do love it now but never really thought I would have one I wanted a Diesel 300 but hey ho ended up with Diesel Journey 44 miles to gallon on regular trips to work in Bristol

I finally replaced my old Diesel PT at 125,000 trouble free miles The deal on this was too good to miss . Better deals offered on Nitro diesel but £4000 Tax They are too expensive to run here

My journey has the VW sourced engine and 6 speed transmission, not as torquey as the PT so forget driving it like a diesel, just drive it like a petrol car . There is a shortage of VW diesel engines right now, as they are extremely popular , 4 out of 5 golfs are diesel !

As to Fiat Dodge Lancia . Well the official line is no more Journeys after 2010 models for UK This now seems to be , changing, but if the 2011 models do come , they will be badged as Lancia, or Chrysler . 300 Series will be rebadged as a Lancia . Fiat want to re establish that brand here in UK That will be the daeath knell for the 300 No one here will ever buy Lancias again

Fiat are keen to see their small cars in the USA, so will develop and sell small stuff out there as Chryslers or Dodges Ask American about the Dodge Aries or Chrysler Horizon as we knew it Yanks won't buy small Dodge cars . The car that saved Dodge was the Caravan/ Town and Country MPV and their tie up with Mitsubishi .

Started with a Neon then a PT now a Journey . Still it looks like a one way Journey , but perhaps we will see .

You wont see any Lancia Badges in UK ---Not after the last crock of crap they turned out. .. Any models that come out of this union , will be badged Chrysler for USA & UK & Lancia for the rest of Europe & the export market. . If the Journey does continue being sold over here It is most likely to be badged a Chrysler or a FIAT.

nice, we seem to be filling up here with a few more UK Journey owners, my R/T hit 8K miles this past weekend since buying it new back in July, when I went out to dig it out of the snow yesterday and started it up the dash outside temperature read -16 ! ! no wonder the diesel sounded like it was trying to bash its way out of the front of the car, I took this picture near a nature reserve in Bredhurst in Kent called Queendown Warren, the road was buried under fresh snow barely an hour later.

post-2033-067166600 1292865492_thumb.jpg