is the site slow for you too?

Hit-By-Thunder

I am wondering if the site is slow for you guys too? it takes FOREVER to load pges and then I get a "fatal error measge" so get back on and then the site wants me to sign in again. I do so and then it takes forever to load again. Sometimes it is lightning quick but lately it is V E R Y S L O W

just venting as I had a crap day all around, I need a hug Roxanne :baby:

Rob

just a PITA sometimes cause when I go to post, I sit and wait, and wait then I get a time out message. Sometimes I don't even post at all cause of the headaches. I have to do a copy and paste now just to be sure. If my first post doesn't go through, just go back re- reply and paste my message. works fast most of the time but every now and then it goes out to lala land.

Rob

:hysterical: see if this one works............

Try rebooting and see if it makes any difference. Also sometimes the internet is a busy place and the connections might be slow. I haven't found any great problems with the downloads from this site ... so far.

Try rebooting and see if it makes any difference. Also sometimes the internet is a busy place and the connections might be slow. I haven't found any great problems with the downloads from this site ... so far.

I have done that too Jay, but no change, my last post was even doubled up, sorta in the "Any Problems thread" weird. I've deleted temporary internet files even defraged but no change, Norton doesn't show anything and neither does adaware?????????? Maybe it's the darn Vista on this new Computer :hysterical:

Rob

I have done that too Jay, but no change, my last post was even doubled up, sorta in the "Any Problems thread" weird. I've deleted temporary internet files even defraged but no change, Norton doesn't show anything and neither does adaware?????????? Maybe it's the darn Vista on this new Computer :hysterical:

Rob

I suspect you might have a problem with Norton. I have had problems with this program in the past because it, in my opinion, does too much in your system as it checks for viruses, spyware, etc.

If it were me, and I am no expert, I would delete Norton and see if it helps. You can always reinstall it if you need to. The problem is that Norton makes a lot of changes in your registry too and you have to make sure after you delete it that you go into the registry and check it out. There are a lot of people who swear by Norton but I have always had problems with it for some reason.

The other problem you might have is your video card. If you have a good video card and your computer has been working well with graphics programs, I would rule this out. I have no experience with Vista but I know you must have lots of memory, a good video card, and a fast computer to use it. I am still stuck with XP because I don't have an updated computer capable of running Vista.

I suspect you might have a problem with Norton. I have had problems with this program in the past because it, in my opinion, does too much in your system as it checks for viruses, spyware, etc.

If it were me, and I am no expert, I would delete Norton and see if it helps. You can always reinstall it if you need to. The problem is that Norton makes a lot of changes in your registry too and you have to make sure after you delete it that you go into the registry and check it out. There are a lot of people who swear by Norton but I have always had problems with it for some reason.

The other problem you might have is your video card. If you have a good video card and your computer has been working well with graphics programs, I would rule this out. I have no experience with Vista but I know you must have lots of memory, a good video card, and a fast computer to use it. I am still stuck with XP because I don't have an updated computer capable of running Vista.

I was kinda leaning toward the Norton thing too. This is a new computer with all the bells and whistles. It is an AMD Athalon 64X2 Dual core processor 6000+ 3GHz

with a 22inch LCD screen

it was AMD'd Multi media system

other sites, it is lightning fast but this one, for some reason every now and then, out to lala land

Rob