stiiff springs?

kered118

hi, where can I buy stiffer springs and struts? my sxt seems very soft it so unstable on the freeway duty verysoft suspension.thanks

I've got the 2010 sxt, and my journey drives great on the highway. No excessive roll or movement when passing a semi or doing quick lane changes. Goes straight and smooth. Did you own a sports car prior to this? You can't expect an suv to have the same road manners as a smaller, lighter car. Other than that, check mopar. The RT has a stiffer suspension than the SXT so they should have something.

hi, where can I buy stiffer springs and struts? my sxt seems very soft it so unstable on the freeway duty verysoft suspension.thanks

H&R Makes Springs for the Journey, from their web site.........

Sport Spring 2WD Front 1.4 Rear 1.3 Part no. 50861 $ 349.00 Kit

Sport Spring AWD Front 1.4 Rear 1.3 Part no. 50861-2 $ 349.00 Kit

• 1 year later...

I've checked into doing this mod. I can get a set of the H&R Sport Springs for the 2wd SXT for $255 a set. The dealer will install them for me for $750 plus $100 for a 4-wheel alignment. At just over $1100, it's not exactly a cheap mod. My question, however, is would it make enough of a difference in the ride and handling to make it worth doing? Right now my Journey rides great on smooth pavement, but on rough or uneven surfaces it bounces and sways all over the place... to the point that I even feel a little carsick at times. I have never had that happen to me in any other vehicle I've ever owned (and believe me, there have been plenty!)

Anyone have any input on this? I could probably find somewhere cheaper to have the springs installed, but I don't want to take a chance that I might void the warranty. The dealer assures me that if they install them, the warranty will remain intact.

Edited by symbasys

• 2 months later...

I don't think its going to accomplish what you want. Your making the springs stiff, yet its still going to have soft struts. This will make it somewhat bouncy over bumps. If you had the stiffer R/T struts, might be ok, but I don't think you'll like it. The R/T is quite a bit tighter as far as handling goes. Stiffer struts and springs, and bigger sway bars. I would go and drive an R/T,and see how you like that....... you'd be better putting your money towards a trade, than maybe spending 12 or 13 hundred bucks on a swap, your probably not going to like. IMO there is a huge difference between how an R/T drives, and how an SXT with 17 rims does. I have seen this many times over the years at the dealer, someone finds out what they bought, isn't what they want/need, and they spend a bunch of cash trying to "upgrade" it, usually with poor results.