problems

lfouchere

Well I bought a Dodge Journey in November a 2010 awd model and was driving and it started shuddering and the transmission light came on, so I took it to the dealer and they said that the 5th cylinder was misfiring and it was carboned up, so they cleaned it out and sent me on my way, a week later my brakes were acting up took it in again and needed front brakes, two months later the back brakes, shoes, rotors all replaced. Things were ok for a month and now the shudder has returned... now they say the head has to be replaced, the service is great but what is wrong it is 10 months old. any one else have this problem??

Well I bought a Dodge Journey in November a 2010 awd model and was driving and it started shuddering and the transmission light came on, so I took it to the dealer and they said that the 5th cylinder was misfiring and it was carboned up, so they cleaned it out and sent me on my way, a week later my brakes were acting up took it in again and needed front brakes, two months later the back brakes, shoes, rotors all replaced. Things were ok for a month and now the shudder has returned... now they say the head has to be replaced, the service is great but what is wrong it is 10 months old. any one else have this problem??

Well here is a recap on the ongoing problems the dealership is replacing the engine only after some heated calls they have had it in the shop it will be two weeks on this coming Tuesday.

Sorry to hear about the frustrations. It seems like you've had two challenges:

1. Brakes - this is common, and if you keep installing Mopar parts, expect to keep replacing them often. Try aftermarket next time, maybe something with ceramic pad material. Dodge is taking no responsibility for insufficient brakes, so we'll have to take care of ourselves.

2. Cylinder misfire - a few people have reported the same problem on cylinder 5, which is from a bad ignition coil/cable. It sounds like it may have created other issues, and it's good to hear the dealer has stepped up to take care of them.

Best of luck and I hope the rest of your ownership goes a little smoother

-Ty