Dodge Journey Headlight Relay

inuvik

I've searched through all the literature I could find and looked at the entire electrical fuse and relay box but nowhere can I find how many amps is the headlight relay (high and low beam). I want to upgrade to some higher wattage but I want to make sure the electrical can handle it. My thought is that since the Journey is configured for export to Europe, I'm hoping for a little more robust headlight relay than a US only model vehicle. After all, my ancient '92 Mazda MPV handles 80/100 H4's no problem.

I've searched through all the literature I could find and looked at the entire electrical fuse and relay box but nowhere can I find how many amps is the headlight relay (high and low beam). I want to upgrade to some higher wattage but I want to make sure the electrical can handle it. My thought is that since the Journey is configured for export to Europe, I'm hoping for a little more robust headlight relay than a US only model vehicle. After all, my ancient '92 Mazda MPV handles 80/100 H4's no problem.

A lot of us thought about that too, but the main question is will the new bulb melt/damage the lens. None of us tried it because of that. Most of us just went with HIDs instead. HIDs is the best way to go because after you buy everything you need for higher wattage bulbs, you could have just bought a set of HIDs and they will last for the life of the car.

• 1 month later...

A lot of us thought about that too, but the main question is will the new bulb melt/damage the lens. None of us tried it because of that. Most of us just went with HIDs instead. HIDs is the best way to go because after you buy everything you need for higher wattage bulbs, you could have just bought a set of HIDs and they will last for the life of the car.

Can you recommend a particular brand of HID replacement kit? After coming out of an 09 Jeep Grand Cherokee with HID's I sure notice a big difference with the stock Journey lighting and would really like to upgrade to HID's.

For HID, just go Ebay or any brand. they almost as cheap as a head light bulb nowaday. Unless u get a bad one out of the box, they usually last.

Brands like Valeo, Hella, Denso, Siemen, Digital, they are OEM supplier, they have pretty good reputation, but more expensive. and they are rated at 3000 hr of operation.

As for the Relay part, I believe the relay is intergrated to the TIPM module, or on top of it. They will handle an 80watts bulb without problem. But the problem is, you are going to melt the Wiring harness. Saw that happen a lot. It is not recommended to go higher than 65 watts on the OEM set up.