For all Journeys with BRAKE issues

diggit

Just got my 2010 journey sxt back from dealership for a second time in less than 2 months. In July, the dealer replaced front pads and rotors because I had some bad vibrations @ 16,000kms. All was good til about 2 weeks ago. Noticed a pumping feel in the brake pedal when stopping. Took it in last week and they replaced rear pads and rotors and balanced and rotated all 4 wheels @ 19,939kms. All work was under warranty. Everything feels silky smooth now. Just a pain to not have transportation for a day each time although I took time off work and spent it with my kid. :D Anyway was talking to service rep and mentioned I was part of an online forum and he suggested I post the Chrysler Customer Service number. I called today to document my frustration (in a nice way, bees and honey and all that) with the premature brake wear. He gave me a reference # with which to cite if/when I have brake problems again and they would take it case by case on costs. He mentioned that Chrysler reads and listens to all complaints and if they had enough would probably do a recall or something. So here is the number:

1-800-465-2001 Canada and US

If you find yourself having issues with your brakes or anything, call. Who knows maybe we can get them to acknowledge a brake issue!

Just got my 2010 journey sxt back from dealership for a second time in less than 2 months. In July, the dealer replaced front pads and rotors because I had some bad vibrations @ 16,000kms. All was good til about 2 weeks ago. Noticed a pumping feel in the brake pedal when stopping. Took it in last week and they replaced rear pads and rotors and balanced and rotated all 4 wheels @ 19,939kms. All work was under warranty. Everything feels silky smooth now. Just a pain to not have transportation for a day each time although I took time off work and spent it with my kid. :D Anyway was talking to service rep and mentioned I was part of an online forum and he suggested I post the Chrysler Customer Service number. I called today to document my frustration (in a nice way, bees and honey and all that) with the premature brake wear. He gave me a reference # with which to cite if/when I have brake problems again and they would take it case by case on costs. He mentioned that Chrysler reads and listens to all complaints and if they had enough would probably do a recall or something. So here is the number:

If you find yourself having issues with your brakes or anything, call. Who knows maybe we can get them to acknowledge a brake issue!

Thanks for this info. Really helpful and may get the ball rolling for Journey owners.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys what's up...so I've had recently some steering wheel shaking going on when applying the brakes and a friend of mine told me that it could be cause of warped rotors and such.

Is this true cause I called the Dodge dealership where I bought my 2010 Journey sxt and scheduled a date for them to look at it and determine the problem.

The car has only 12000 kilometers and should not be having issues like this at all so early on.Other than this the car is very good to me and I love it a lot.Is this gonna be covered by warranty or do I have to pay out of my pocket for this.

I'm in British Columbia,Canada by the way.

Can anyone suggest good after market pads and rotors please cause I'm not going with stock again after this.

Thank You!

Hey guys what's up...so I've had recently some steering wheel shaking going on when applying the brakes and a friend of mine told me that it could be cause of warped rotors and such.

Is this true cause I called the Dodge dealership where I bought my 2010 Journey sxt and scheduled a date for them to look at it and determine the problem.

The car has only 12000 kilometers and should not be having issues like this at all so early on.Other than this the car is very good to me and I love it a lot.Is this gonna be covered by warranty or do I have to pay out of my pocket for this.

I'm in British Columbia,Canada by the way.

Can anyone suggest good after market pads and rotors please cause I'm not going with stock again after this.

Thank You!

With 12,000kms...you are ok as long as its been less than a year and under 20,000kms. It does sound like front rotors could be warping. Could also be a tire losing balance. After they do the repair, drive it down a smooth quiet road and apply the brakes as you would normally. Try to see if you notice another slight vibration or noise (after the brakes have been warmed up from use) from the rear. Could be your rear rotors starting to go too. Don't be afraid to take it back to the dealership right away to get the second repair covered under warranty. I had my front end done in July 2010. Although the vibration from the front was gone, something didn't feel right. I took it back in 2 days later and found out my rear rotors were going also. All work (rotors and pads - front and back) was done under warranty with 20 kms to spare (just in time!)

Just posting back to say that after I took thee car to dealer and explained the problem they agreed to fix it no questions asked.The replaced the 2 front rotors cause they started to warp.

Now the car feels much better but I assume down the road I will have the same problem since they only replaced with the same kind of rotors which are crap.

I love how the Journey handles in the snow even with the crappy 19'' kumho tires.

Thanks for responding diggit much appreciated!