Problems with UConnect

My wife recently purchased a 2010 R/T eqiuped with UConnect. I've run into a hitch with the feature howeverct. She has an Droid cell phone that pairs just fine with the system. However, when it comes to calling a name the system disconnects. Is thsi a pronunciation issue? It will however dial if you present the number when asked. Additionally, there is no contact list stored. How do I get her contact list to store itself in the system? I figured it uploaded contact list off the phone during the pairing but obviously that is incorrect. Does anyone have any ideas?

My wife recently purchased a 2010 R/T eqiuped with UConnect. I've run into a hitch with the feature howeverct. She has an Droid cell phone that pairs just fine with the system. However, when it comes to calling a name the system disconnects. Is thsi a pronunciation issue? It will however dial if you present the number when asked. Additionally, there is no contact list stored. How do I get her contact list to store itself in the system? I figured it uploaded contact list off the phone during the pairing but obviously that is incorrect. Does anyone have any ideas?

The contact info has to be recorded on the UConnect system. I just went through the process of manually recording the contacts in my cell phone to the UConnect system. From Main Menu say "Phonebook", then "New Entry" and then follow the prompts. After I got finished, I saw that my phone offered an entry to do the same thing via the Bluetooth connection, so check the options on your phone to see if the same thing is offered and it will hopefully allow you a more efficient way to get the contact info into the system.

Hope that helps.

• 2 months later...

I've been having the same problem. 1.5 worked perfect with Uconnect bluetooth, but the 2.1 upgrade caused all kinds of problems as all of you. What I did was a complete factory reset of the phone. It didn't reset it back to 1.5, but it did reset all settings including the bluetooth application. Please understand, this does wipeout all personal settings including all contacts and installed applications. Also, make sure you delete all phone pairings within your in-car bluetooth system. Now pair your phone with your bluetooth device. This worked perfectly for me.... Everything is functional including phonebook download and voice recognition. Let me know if being tried and how it went.

• 6 months later...

I have a slightly different problem but related. I cannot get the car phonebook to add any entries at all. I can use the car phone to dial out a number, but when I voice the instruction PhoneBook New Entry it replies that it does not recognize the instruction. I tried just Phone Book and waited for another beep and then New Entry - same problem. My Doro phone does not seem to support the passing of phonebook data to the car.