Come On Delivery!

LBD-CT

During some routine maintenance on my 2001 Pontiac minivan, which I was trading in to get our new Journey, I found something bad.

There was no radiator fluid in the reservoir

The was no fluid on the garage or anywhere else that I could see.

Then I checked the oil.

There's my radiator fluid.

The Van blew the intake manifold gasket.

No smoke

No Steam

Just bright orange dexron/10W30 mix.

ugh

Now I need to find an extra $3k for the down payment.

And The Kidney Foundation gets a car donation.

This new car can't come fast enough

During some routine maintenance on my 2001 Pontiac minivan, which I was trading in to get our new Journey, I found something bad.

There was no radiator fluid in the reservoir

The was no fluid on the garage or anywhere else that I could see.

Then I checked the oil.

There's my radiator fluid.

The Van blew the intake manifold gasket.

No smoke

No Steam

Just bright orange dexron/10W30 mix.

ugh

Now I need to find an extra $3k for the down payment.

And The Kidney Foundation gets a car donation.

This new car can't come fast enough

yup, my van is acting up too. Maybe they don't want to be "put out to pasture" just yet. Man that sucks but the brighter side is, at least it didn't leave you stranded or better yet, tow it home when it is useless.

I hear ya on the Order thingy though. I e-mailed my salesman and he replied tonight saying he is not in tomorrow and to check back Wednesday night. That is like 16 days without any news. The last thing I heard was the Journey was being shipped April 23rd,.... DUDE, WHERE THE F$%^ IS MY CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rob

I'll drink to that Jack :rolleyes:

Rob

Where abouts in the US are you guys. It just seems so odd to me that you are waiting weeks to get them. I went to my local dodge dealer on Yesterday, did the financing app and today was told they have one for me coming from a city approx 3 hrs away. I will be picking it up on Monday to allow them time to license and such.

Less than a week turnaround, now im in Southeastern Ontario, Canada...

Where abouts in the US are you guys. It just seems so odd to me that you are waiting weeks to get them. I went to my local dodge dealer on Yesterday, did the financing app and today was told they have one for me coming from a city approx 3 hrs away. I will be picking it up on Monday to allow them time to license and such.

Less than a week turnaround, now im in Southeastern Ontario, Canada...

Apparently Journeys are sparse enough around here (Southern New England) that the dealers are not trading amongst themselves. We had our choice of 2 on the lot or ordering new. Neither on the lot was a perfect fit so we ordered. My dealer called the other day and feels that our car will be in by the end of May.

Hi Everyone,

I agree with LBD-CT because its the same in Eastern Ontario as well. I test drove a Black SXT AWD and could of had that but it had the third seat which I didn't need, so I ordered one. That was back in March but I think it's even more difficult to buy one of the lot today because there appears to be a shortage everywhere in this area. Had I known the wait would be this long, I would have bought the vehicle I test drove. The dealer had five on the lot at the time and now he only has two (1 SE & 1 SXT) which he is keeping as demos. None of the other dealers in the area want to let go any of their Journeys.

Keith

Hi Everyone,

I agree with LBD-CT because its the same in Eastern Ontario as well. I test drove a Black SXT AWD and could of had that but it had the third seat which I didn't need, so I ordered one. That was back in March but I think it's even more difficult to buy one of the lot today because there appears to be a shortage everywhere in this area. Had I known the wait would be this long, I would have bought the vehicle I test drove. The dealer had five on the lot at the time and now he only has two (1 SE & 1 SXT) which he is keeping as demos. None of the other dealers in the area want to let go any of their Journeys.

Keith

Same thing happened with us Keith. Test drove but had no sunroof. They wanted a deposit in order to get a Journey from another dealer. The other dealer would not let it go. Said to heck with it order what we want. Did a bunch of homework and ordered an optioned out SXT AWD with EVERYTHING it can come with, oh The smoker's group, Ill get a cig lighter at crappy tire :hysterical:

Rob