Finally, but some minor thing to be resolved

Peter de Bruin

Yes, finally my long awaited Metallic Black Journey SXT Business Edition with Navigation is in !! Love the car and the looks. Very silent compared to my previous Toyota Diesel mini van.

Great looks, the custom leather looks fantastic and even at the dealer they got requests now for this combination. Pretty pleased with the afterwards built in DVD screens in the headrests. Prefer this over the factory standard in the roof.

Things still to be fixed:

- My blackberry 8900 pairs but no sound when calling. Dealer says he will update the software.

- No Ipod cable in glove compartment but lpod control is listed on the orderform

- Light in the glove compartment doesn't switch off. Probably loose switch or so

- Remote control for DVD player doesn't work

I am sure these will easily be fixed and it gas been a long time since I was so pleased with a car. Looks fantastic and drives comfortable.

post-1625-095107300 1281876385_thumb.jpg

post-1625-011383800 1281876424_thumb.jpg

post-1625-012805200 1281876442_thumb.jpg

post-1625-004971300 1281876454_thumb.jpg

Let us know. I did call Chrysler/Dodge Customer support when I got the vehicle to inquire about the iPod. They also had the wrong information saying it was indeed compatible by just purchasing a cable. I told him similar owners already established it wasn't. So he passed me to another division that handles the Uconnect issues. They confirmed again and when I disputed it, they said it's not a Uconnect matter and should be handled by the Customer Support. So I was passed back again. He finally said only the local service dealers will be able to confirm by looking at the unit. It's sad not even the people at Chrysler/Dodge are aware of the incompatibility. Here in Dodge Canadian website at least there was a small note saying the iPod will not work with the REU unit. It's somewhere mentioned as you navigate and really isn't prominently specified. You'll have to go looking for it.

By the way, what is the Business Edition? Obviously an option outside North America.

Update on the visit to the dealer:

As expected no possibility for an Ipod cable with the Nav combination. Dealer apologizes but I am disappointed, it really would be much better than using the AUX plug in the front.

Updated U connect and pairs now with my Blackberry, but address book sync is not possible with a Blackberry.

Other minor things were fixed easily.

Did drive with a Chrysler Sebring for a few days but happy to have my DJ back!