Hello from IL

Hi everybody,

My wife (we are expecting our first child in December) has about 300 miles on our Journey. Our hand was forced to get a new vehicle, and it seemed that the Journey fit our needs for safety, price point, and creature comforts. We got what she wanted in other words. Her old Mitsubishi Eclipse had an issue with being a huge pile of crap, and the timing chain decided to take out the entire engine. I feel like we took advantage of the junk yard in getting $750 for it.

My impressions thus far are that it rides comfortably on the 19" wheels, and the bells and whistles are neat. It was made in Mexico I think, and has a hint of Daimler-Benz, but takes cues from the Caravan here and there.

Casserole tray? :banvictory:

I have a 2003 Mach 1 that beats up on those heavy $40,000+ Challengers at the track, and a 1997 Ram 4x4, my automotive needs and wants are different from most. I'm just kind of looking around on the forums, probably won't be too active.

Take care.

Congrats on the new addition to the family! I have seen the Journey be more Hit than Miss so i wish you the best of luck with the vehicle. I believe you will be very happy with it and of course if you ever have any questions please post them up.

I love my Journey and i wouldnt trade it for any other car. B)

Congrats on the new addition to the family! I have seen the Journey be more Hit than Miss so i wish you the best of luck with the vehicle. I believe you will be very happy with it and of course if you ever have any questions please post them up.

I love my Journey and i wouldnt trade it for any other car. B)

Thanks Swerv,

The tech gadgets are overwhelming at times, but I guess I will get used to them. I have taken three pretty short trips in it, so hopefully a road trip in the near future will break it in.

Love the forum Name! LOL!

Coming from a LARGE 60's family that lived in Station Wagons in the summer, I find that the Journey is going to be

a nice change from Minivans and SUV's. Chrysler does seem to be able to create niche markets for some folks, and I

believe this is one of those.

Chris

Love the forum Name! LOL!

Coming from a LARGE 60's family that lived in Station Wagons in the summer, I find that the Journey is going to be

a nice change from Minivans and SUV's. Chrysler does seem to be able to create niche markets for some folks, and I

believe this is one of those.

Chris

I wouldnt trust any other vehicle to get my family to Wally World.