Help: Need info on light sensor

Malnik is correct, it is in the mirror frame bottom facing to the rear. If you tint your rear windows, obstruct the view through the rear window by cargo or it is covered in dirt it will be slow reacting. The sensor for the auto light is on the dash near the base of the windshield. Make sure the green light is on then you know it is activated and ready to respond.

Malnik is correct, it is in the mirror frame bottom facing to the rear. If you tint your rear windows, obstruct the view through the rear window by cargo or it is covered in dirt it will be slow reacting. The sensor for the auto light is on the dash near the base of the windshield. Make sure the green light is on then you know it is activated and ready to respond.

Thank you. I took my Journey in because the nav screen quit auto dimming at nighttime. They told me it was working as intended and that I can manually switch it to nighttime view. I have driven this car for over a year and know that it used to work on auto so I was not happy with their answer. They said they called the tech guys at the main office and everything and it was working the way it should. I'm going back to show them the Nav user's manual that even says the auto function works. Ugh, just frustrated and hate being thought of as the "stupid female we can get one over on". Is the photo sensor at the base of the windshield the same one the auto headlights use? I didn't even think that those might not be working correctly either.

Don't forget the Nav screen can be dimmed using the multi function selector on the left of the steering column. The same one that dims your dash lights. When the multifunction switch is set to auto (all the way counterclockwise or ahead), the auto dim should activate. It should also dim slightly when the windshield wipers are activated for more than ten seconds.

The sensor for the autolight is the one on the dash in the center at the base of the windshield.