HELP! What did I not do correctly?

OK, so I bought the OBDlinkMX+, a new android based tablet and alfaobd program. All is connected and functioning. BUT I can't get the remote start to work with new R.start fob that paired up fine to ignition and door locks. Has a hood switch installed, but on the alfa program page could not find or type in hood switch as many youtube videos show. At the time of my giving up the horn would chirp after one lock press and two presses of the R.S. button. And yes I took it on a 20 mile round trip and waited for 30 minutes to try the remote start.

ANY HELP from those that have done this successfully would be greatly appreciated.

BTW this is being done on an early 2014 sxt trim 

Situation RESOLVED!  Had to have more PATIENCE and learn how to navigate the pages and make the pop up keyboard appear to type in hood switch. 

A short 8 mile drive and shut off for 10 minutes and REMOTE START WORKS!

!My friend has 3 vehicles lined up for me to do same upgrade for some of his customers already, he told them to "hang on" a bit until he knew for sure this{and ME} could make it happen!

I had promised the wife that I would get remote start for this car for her back in JULY and before WINTER....I'm a bit LATE. but NOW it's there and working! By the end of the month she will have a different DJ with this convenience and more, my son will take over this '14 sxt and we will be selling his '11 mainstreet that is quite base.