Code p1004

Hello all, not sure if anyone else has come across this problem but I have p1004 code which is for the manifold control runner short valve. I have already replaced BOTH of the manifold controller's. Code still didn't go away even after clearing the codes. Ended up buying a used Manifold Intake due to the plastic piece that the short runner valve sits in was broken. I put both brand new control valves on the new manifold intake I bought but even after changing out the manifold intake the code is still showing. Could it be electrical? I also noticed when taking out the old manifold that the 2 bolts in the back were not even on there and one side is missing a bracket, not sure that would really effect the manifold intake though, would it?

I would ASSUME you are working with the 3.5 V?

YES it could be electrical wiring between the control valves OR even possibly into the PCM itself.

I doubt the missing bolts/bracket has anything to do with the situation, particularly if this has been a RECENT{and not an old ongoing} problem.

8 minutes ago, 5rebel9 said:

I would ASSUME you are working with the 3.5 V?

YES it could be electrical wiring between the control valves OR even possibly into the PCM itself.

I doubt the missing bolts/bracket has anything to do with the situation, particularly if this has been a RECENT{and not an old ongoing} problem.

Yes it's the 3.5l and what is PCM? Sorry I know some stuff but not alot. 

1 minute ago, 5rebel9 said:

PCM.... Power control Module ... In simpler terms the engine computer.

NOT a plug in and play part{needs to be programmed to the car to work} , Check wiring first.

Thank you so much! I greatly appreciate it! Will definitely check the wiring to see if I notice anything.