Ground locations

Whit

All,

I just got my 2018 Journey SXT a couple of weeks ago.

I'm also a volunteer first responder, so I'm looking for locations of good ground points in the dash, C pillar and D pillar areas for wiring LED strobes, a two way radio and a dash cam.

Does anyone know of good locations?

Thanks,

Whit

They are all over. Both front kick panels have nice grounds. If you have rear hvac I am sure there is a ground in that area. The Left D pillar has one just above the 12v outlet. You may be able to access it from the pillar panel but the larger interior panels may need removed. The plastic interior quarter panel covers come off fairly easy. You have to remove the third row seat to get them off but it's only a few bolts to get the seats out. There is a hidden screw at the c pillar in that molded in handle area. The square anchor points cover pop upwards to revel a screw and then the one round netting anchor comes off. The seat belt anchor is a T50 torx bit.

16 hours ago, Dodgems said:

They are all over. Both front kick panels have nice grounds. If you have rear hvac I am sure there is a ground in that area. The Left D pillar has one just above the 12v outlet. You may be able to access it from the pillar panel but the larger interior panels may need removed. The plastic interior quarter panel covers come off fairly easy. You have to remove the third row seat to get them off but it's only a few bolts to get the seats out. There is a hidden screw at the c pillar in that molded in handle area. The square anchor points cover pop upwards to revel a screw and then the one round netting anchor comes off. The seat belt anchor is a T50 torx bit.

Thanks!  I appreciate the information!