Looking to Buy a Journey

mikeeyd

I am looking to trade my 07 Chrysler Pacifica for a Dodge Journey. I have been looking at a few 09 models and would like some opinions. I found a 09 R/T locally in NJ with 25,000 miles, leather, heated seats for $20,000. The car is in excellent condition for sale at a Dodge dealer. Would you consider this a good price? A number of Journeys I have looked at do not have sunroofs, Nav, DVD. My Pacifica is loaded but I am looking for something less expensive and newer.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

I love my 09 Journey ! I don't have the navi system but I do have a touch screen and back up camera...don't have a sun roof and third row seating but I do have a drop down dvd player built in coolers. I love my Journey ! I just think the Pacifias are more fancier and luxuries. So I say if you can get it for that price used then go for it ! Mine was just under $23,000.00 and had 8 miles on it and it now has over 13,000 miles.

I am looking to trade my 07 Chrysler Pacifica for a Dodge Journey. I have been looking at a few 09 models and would like some opinions. I found a 09 R/T locally in NJ with 25,000 miles, leather, heated seats for $20,000. The car is in excellent condition for sale at a Dodge dealer. Would you consider this a good price? A number of Journeys I have looked at do not have sunroofs, Nav, DVD. My Pacifica is loaded but I am looking for something less expensive and newer.

Let me try again.

I hope you consider checking the reviews at edmunds.com. The 09's have alot of problems -

some starting right off and some about the 20k miles mark. Unless you want to replace brakes and tires every 2 years, I would seriously look for a different vehicle. From what Ive read, Chrysler took a beating with the Pacifica and then made the cheap journey to recover. Maybe the 2010's and newer have the problems sorted out, but I would not advise to get the 09. I feel bad for the person buying mine that I traded in.

I have a 2009 Journey RT and have really enjoyed it yes the brakes are a problem. I had the roters replaced in warrenty by Chrysler and am going to replace the pads at 20,000 with a good ceramic pad that's not original equipment. For what I paid for this car $22,000, I couldn't have even gotten close in any other similar vehicle so I am willing to spend a couple of $100 on pads prematurely.