Diesel over here, North America?

atreides

Reading a lot of topics in here, I’m a Brit in exile here in sunny Canada…

Why is it we don’t get a chance of ordering a stick shift and/or diesel, its not like they have to retool or anything its all the same factory.. Would give more options and a wider market it is a world vehicle after all?

I like bells and whistles, toys and not what, practical and useful it seems the test ride I had for a few hours was fun in the white stuff.. But something a little easier on gas would be nice. At least I’m used to drinking the stuff with my current ride.

Having had to give up my toy a few years ago a Peugeot 306 dti with all the trimmings, and move into a 3.3L 04 Dodge Caravan on moving here thirsty oh yes.. now a 3.3L 08 Grand caravan (know over there as the voyager still) loved driving them in the weather and don’t need the space anymore great for carrying 4x8 sheets for diy projects I will miss that but a shiny new Journey on its way through the factory now…oh to be a diesel and stick shift..

So any one reading this in the know, it would be interesting to know what’s in the future happy to trade up in a few years to diesel and such. Fiats sort of getting in on the act.. ?

• 1 month later...

I suppose there isn't a collective favorable impression of diesel cars in North America. It may also be that gasoline has long since been established here as the standard and there hasn't been a sustained negative economic influence to create enough demand. If we become taxed at a higher rate for gasoline as opposed to diesel and for the displacement of our engines I suppose you might see a shift.

• 1 month later...