A/C Issue

The Todd

2013 R/T. Got A/C issue that has my mechanic and myself stumped. Operates cold for about 20 to 30 minutes then you feel the power of the air from the front vents start to decrease until next too no air coming out of the front vents. You can hear the blower blowing normally just no air from the vents and can't feel air from the upper or lower vents either. Found out if you turn the A/C off but keep the blower on high after about a minute the pressure from the front vents comes back and the cycle starts over again. Very strange. Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

Don't know where you're located climate wise, BUT your description of symptoms is a classic sign of the evaporator core in the HVAC box in the dash freezing over from excess condensation, This can happen with many different makes of vehicles. One possibility is that you may may running too long in the recirculation mode. another is weong pressures on the high and low sides of the A/C system. Too much or little R-134a in the system for ambient (outside) air temp.

I've not heard of this problem often for the DJ's, but was a common problem with certain KIA SUV's.

Does the A/C piping under the hood frost over when in use? I've NOT seen them to do that on a properly charged working system

Edited by 5rebel9