New Tires

DodgeaWrench

I had the tires replaced on my 2014 dodge Journey SXT 3.6 FWD.  The old tires were Firestone Destination LE2 225/65R 17 102H.  I got 5 years and just shy of 81,000 miles from them.  No complaints, no issues.  They were rotated regularly and wore evenly.  According to my gauge, they were at 3/32 depth remaining.  Granted I might have been able to get just a few more miles out of them, but with prices generally rising on everything, I decided that waiting might only cost me more.

Being pleased with the old, and in my mind reasonable pricing on new, I bought another all around set of the same Firestone Destination LE2 225/65R 17 102H again, and a front end alignment.  Coupled with an oil change, with my fingers crossed and a little luck to not have an unexpected repair, I'm already all set for the Summer.

I measured the depth of the new tires an I'm getting 9/32.  TireRack specs it a 10/32.  I couldn't find depth spec on the Firestone site.  My guess is the difference is slight puffing by the manufacturer.  Anyone else measure new tire depth and/or similar results?

2022-03-20 new tire depth.JPG