Car not starting, electronics shut down

Hi,

I've recently bought 2008 R/T CRD (European diesel model) and all was good when a couple of times this thing happened:

I was driving for some period of time, stopped at the shop for 10 minutes, tried to start the car and nothing happened. The car doesn't even attempt to start. All the electronics were working (climate control, radio, windows etc.), but when I turn on the key fob to the last position, most of the electronics shut down for 5-10 seconds and then turns on again and you can try again.

This already happened for me 3 times, all of it happened after some time of driving. Never on a cold start. I'm pretty sure it's not the battery. Tried everything: locking/unlocking, steering the wheel, changing the gear on N... Nothing really works. A couple of times it took me ~5-10 minutes to get it work and other time I spent half an hour in a middle of a night :D Fuses should be good because otherwise I wouldn't be able to start but it started after a while. I'm thinking about the relays, but don't know how to check it without buying a new ones and testing.

Also, one time I tried to turn the key fob 3 times to the last position and nothing happened, then I just waited a few seconds and the car started itself (without turning to the last position). So it was weird a bit.

Any ideas? Thanks.

That would have the VW/Audi motor and not available in the NA market. BUT being an 08 model and14 yrs old now, I would start by having the starter motor and attached solenoid tested. ANY older starter can develop a "dead" segment on the starter armature or have the solenoid wear out. Also check the small gage wire connection on the starter solenoid, it can deteriorate and cause similar happenings.

Edited by 5rebel9

Also, although a pain to get to, Check and clean the battery terminals. A thin coat of dielectric grease to the posts will help keep a good connection. Diesel motors draw a lot of amps to start up (particularly when cold) and a good battery with good clean connections is crucial.