Powertrain Woes

Haolelibra45

Hello all.  I have a 2012 SXT 3.6L FWD Journey that we have been driving for just over a month after it spent 2 years in storage.  After a couple of weeks, we started to notice a raspy/baby rattle type noise as the RPMs increased.  We took it in and had the transmission flushed and new filter which fixed the issue for a few weeks.  Then it came back and a check engine light came on, but does not stay on.  Here's the troubleshooting/code reads I've gotten.

- CODEs: the shop (live in Germany) wouldn't give me the codes, but stated there were two faults, one for the PCM and the other for the Body Control Module.

- When driving, the noise previously described is gone/barely audible while idling.

- The noise is really bad in 1-3rd gear

- The noise gets worse as RPMs go higher

- Noise seems to be less when shifting between the gears using the sports shift.

Powertrain only has 82k on it.  Any other troubleshooting recommended or ideas on what the issue is?

Greetings. I would assume that a it was fully inspected after 2 years storage for underneath components(motor mounts/exhaust/heat shields) to be put back on the road? There are MANY possibilities of the cause of noise that one could fill a book with the possible causes. I'd suggest finding another reputable shop for a good overall inspection to determine what is going on. 

Hard to give advice about the codes without their format numbers.