uConnect Navigation Interntional?

Well, I am in the US Military and have a 2010 Dodge Journey SXT. I will be heading to Germany next week (April 1st) and my car is already crossing the Atlantic and I'm hoping to have it soon. I have looked everywhere, including calling my dealership and asked if my navigation will work in Europe, or will I need some kind of software DVD update. I was told by my dealership it should work because it is based of GPS. If that is the case, I should be able to zoom out, head over to Europe, zoom in and see that it does work. Problem with that is it stops over the Atlantic/Pacific, as in its North America only on the map. Will that change when I pick up my car in Germany? Will it connect to the GPS over there or will I need an update DVD, or will it even work?

Any help is a bunch of help to me. Also, this may be an ignorant question, but I haven't been to Germany since 2004-2005 and I wasn't looking then, but are there Dodge dealerships in Germany? If I have a problem, which I think I do with my middle row moving forward so I can access the 3rd row, but the day I found out I had to put the car in the container to ship.

• 3 weeks later...

Navigation updates are available for European operations. They can be had from your dealer or through NavTeq on line. Cost around $200.00. The updates are normally released in early April so you may luck out and get a very recent one. The good thing about these updates is that it also includes an update for the MyGig software. I copied the below from the 300 Forum to give you an idea.

Good luck.

Chrysler 300C, Sebring, Voyager, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Commander, Compass, Patriot, Cherokee, Wrangler, Dodge Nitro, Avenger, Caliber and Journey. The new update "MyGIG / UConnect" includes more than eight million kilometers of roads and provides maps for Eastern Europe and complete maps for Western Europe and Poland. In addition to the drivers around one million points of interest (POIs) such as banks / ATMs, restaurants and hotels are available. NAVTEQ maps are the most commonly used card in the world .*

Geographic analysts make millions of changes to the road network and extend the NAVTEQ map data continuously. This driver is available from Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge vehicles, buy an upgrade and ever timely and comprehensive map data available.

Map updates contain the latest information on roads, so Navis can be used effectively. With current cards drivers can reduce their travel time and reduce petrol consumption. They also mean that navigation systems and portable devices to function optimally.

Map update for Europe are now the dealer for the MyGIG / UConnect-Navi Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge on DVD for $ 199 Available