will this fit on the 19" OEM rims?

Darkpaw

Right now I'm running 235/55R19s on my Blacktop 19" rims (same ones as R/T rims, but black).  I'm at the point of replacing them, and want to go back to the stock size in front (because they're lighter), and run with 255/50R19 in the rear.   I don't have AWD, so the different sizes isn't an issue.

The question is, will a 255/50 actually fit on the OEM rims?  It's pretty wide.  I know that I've seen posters on here running 245/55R19, but is anybody running 255s?  Or have they tried it?

I don't really see where specifically on that site that it shows what the max size is that will fit on the rim, only tire size calculators (there are lots of those around).

wheel-size.com says that the rims are 19x7, but that doesn't seem right.  Most tire size calculators also only seem to show the full width of the tire, but not the width of the edge, which would be the mount point on the rim (which is important, for pushing limits like this).

• 1 month later...