Sirius Sportster 5 install

Purchased Dodge Journey SE 2010 without Sat. Sirius option. Do you know if the factory installed antenna for AM & FM includes the sirius antenna with mini cable already installed? This would save me having to use the magnetic antenna & routing the cable to the Sportster 5 receiver. If the antenna cable is installed, all I would have to do is pull out the factory radio & extend the cable to my receiver.

Purchased Dodge Journey SE 2010 without Sat. Sirius option. Do you know if the factory installed antenna for AM & FM includes the sirius antenna with mini cable already installed? This would save me having to use the magnetic antenna & routing the cable to the Sportster 5 receiver. If the antenna cable is installed, all I would have to do is pull out the factory radio & extend the cable to my receiver.

It's not preinstalled, you'd have to order it. I have an '09 SE with non-sirius mygig. I had a Sportster 5 mounted in the back of the upper tray in the console - fits perfectly (and out of sight too!). Never thought to use the Chrysler antenna though.

It's not preinstalled, you'd have to order it. I have an '09 SE with non-sirius mygig. I had a Sportster 5 mounted in the back of the upper tray in the console - fits perfectly (and out of sight too!). Never thought to use the Chrysler antenna though.

Jctoolman: Thanks for reply. I am going to pull off centre surround and look behind radio for antenna cable, will let you know. Good idea using upper tray for receiver, I have also noted a GPS installed there with a hinged homemade bracket.

Jctoolman: Thanks for reply. I am going to pull off centre surround and look behind radio for antenna cable, will let you know. Good idea using upper tray for receiver, I have also noted a GPS installed there with a hinged homemade bracket.

I had mine installed at Best Buy in Burlington, the base is screwed into the upper tray right at the back, no need to flip down at all. I can still use the tray too which is nice.

I doubt you'll find the sirius antenna back there, the Mopar antenna kit is about $100 andd you can get it on ebay with instructions. Seems easy enough but I didn't want to bother. Something else the installer did was to hard wire the power into the switched outlet located at the bottom of the stack, very very convenient. Unit turns off when I switch off the truck.

The bezel pops off pretty easily, do a google search for mygig lockpick, the install video shows how the bezel and radio come out.

Good Luck.

You are correct sir. No sirius antenna behind radio. Looks like I will be using magnetic antenna which came with sportster 5. I am going to try antenna on top of dash, if a no go, install at rear of roof. I will probably install receiver in upper tray so it is out of sight when not in use.