does the dodge journey RT UK version have the ipod control cable as standard? i bought the the rear video entertainment group and it did not have the ipod cable

If its a 2009 then NO!! you need an adapter kit, there are 2 differing kits available, if you have a 2010 UK spec Journey, then there is a socket in the lower drop down "glove box" on the passenger side, need more info then e-mail or PM me!!

If its a 2009 then NO!! you need an adapter kit, there are 2 differing kits available, if you have a 2010 UK spec Journey, then there is a socket in the lower drop down "glove box" on the passenger side, need more info then e-mail or PM me!!

yeah mine is a 2010 model. i did not get any ipod cable with the car though. i will check out the socket tomorrow

I have a '59' R/T with the socket in the glove box. where can i get an ipod cable from ???

2010 SXT with Conveniencce Group 1 came with ipod control.

Here is my issue. My son's itouch will not charge. Message displayed on itouch states "This device does not support charging". My son's 3 year old ipod does charge while attached. Go figure?

If anyone has a solution to this, I would love to hear it. Also does the iphone charge on this?

Thanks.

i think i have found a socket under the glove box compartment. what sort of cable is needed?

I have a 2.0 SXT CRD Journey as well and am eager to hook-up my iPod as well. Darkstar1178, can you explain where under de glove box compartent you found the socket. I haven't been able to find anything. What's worse, my dealer claims that Chrysler can't tell him what he needs to order either. I'm rather peefed as I opted for this MyGig system (navigation, joystick controls, HDD) because I was under the impression from all the marketing literature that iPod integration was a key feature! I had a Voyager before this car and had the work with an FM-modulator which I can recommend to NO one.

If my car does not have the required socket, can anyone help me identify the correct partnumbers which I can then order (and have my dealer install them)?

I have a 2.0 SXT CRD Journey as well and am eager to hook-up my iPod as well. Darkstar1178, can you explain where under de glove box compartent you found the socket. I haven't been able to find anything. What's worse, my dealer claims that Chrysler can't tell him what he needs to order either. I'm rather peefed as I opted for this MyGig system (navigation, joystick controls, HDD) because I was under the impression from all the marketing literature that iPod integration was a key feature! I had a Voyager before this car and had the work with an FM-modulator which I can recommend to NO one.

If my car does not have the required socket, can anyone help me identify the correct partnumbers which I can then order (and have my dealer install them)?

Mopar website info for Ipod cable:

Part number Price

82212000 Each $37.50 iPod® Integration Harnesses

Simply plug your iPod into the custom cable located in the glove box or center console and you`re ready to go. iPod integration means you can navigate your iPod through your radio controls. With this simple ""plug and play"" hook up, your iPod stays securely attached, out of view and continually charging.

iPod integration harness 1.5meter. For usage with Mopar uconnect (Part #s 82211877, 82211878, 82211005AC or 82211004AC) Bluetooth wireless hands-free & iPod Integration kits. Harness charges 3G iPhone

Fits: Journey

for owners with a MY 2010 model , if you open the lower glove box, then within this , is what looks like a cable/wiring loom connector, for UK (RHD) spec cars it will be on the right hand side of the glove box drop down , and obviously for all those with US/LHD spec'd journeys it on the Left of the glove box drop down

if your Journey is 2009 models, then sorry your will probably NOT have this......

in terms of the FM modulator item, i have had no probs with mine, and unlike some after market fm modulator ones, , it is all plugged in , even the arieal has a proper junction /cable adaptor, so you are not relying on the fm modulation as such... and the Mygig in my Journey has the radio set to "localise" with radio stations, and so will track any around the vehicle when driving, and have had no inteference...

i can e-mail people the PDF instruction sheet if required so you can see "HOW"all the cables etc join in with the Mygig unit!!!

hope all this helps

Hi, mine's a '59 se UK spec and i DO have this ipod socket on the glove box , but no cable included. Where can we get this cable ?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Has anyone found the part number that relates to the ipod connection in the glove box? I have a 2009 "59" SXT with the connection but my dealer is not too clued up on the technical side and tried to sell me the full cable that connects in to the rear of the head unit part number 82212000, as there is a connection in the glove box I assume it must be using the port in the head unit already.

I have searched the internet and can find a 12" cable part number 82212001 but I can not find any photos of it anywhere so I do not know if this is the part we need.

Any help would be greatfully recived.

Cheers

David S

• 3 weeks later...

I think I have found the holy grail, the part I now have on order from my dealer I found on ebay.com, the seller will not send to the UK but my wee guy said he will get it for around £28, he also said that Dodge UK had ordered this part before.

Check this link, pictures and part number. Can't wait to get it and stop burning CDs

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300420773806&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Cheers

David

• 2 weeks later...