ESP question

emars002

We live in GA so not a necessity right yet but how do I know it is working since our journey is used? There is a button on my dash that says ESP off and it looks like there is a light under it - the light is off - Does that mean the ESP is on or off? Also, I have read that when it "kicks in" a symbol of a sliding car will show up on the instrument panel - I am not likely to see that down here so how can I check that it works?

when you press the ESP button and the light comes ON, then the ESP system is "OFF"!!!!! and not active.... you can test the system, but driving on a grassy area and then trying to get the Journey to wheel spin, as it detects a set level of grip is being lost the ESP dash light in with the gauges will FLICKER and a shuddering, almost Clonking noise can and should be heard, this is the system, limiting power to the wheel losing traction the most... i live in the UK and during recent snow, i can safely state that the ESP and traction control systems have work excellently...

hope this helps

regards WOLF

when you press the ESP button and the light comes ON, then the ESP system is "OFF"!!!!! and not active.... you can test the system, but driving on a grassy area and then trying to get the Journey to wheel spin, as it detects a set level of grip is being lost the ESP dash light in with the gauges will FLICKER and a shuddering, almost Clonking noise can and should be heard, this is the system, limiting power to the wheel losing traction the most... i live in the UK and during recent snow, i can safely state that the ESP and traction control systems have work excellently...

hope this helps

regards WOLF

Thank you so much!