I've been using an IPOD Touch 3rd Gen via USB for years without issues. I recently tried to use a 5th Gen IPOD Touch the same way and the sound is extremely distorted. Connecting via BlueTooth is ok and it works okay via USB on a Pioneer system in another vehicle, which proves that there is nothing wrong with the IPOD. It's bugging me why the older IPOD works okay on my Uconnect USB but the Newer one plays so distorted. I've tried turning the volume way down in the file tags to check if it's a hot signal issue but it still distorts at the lower volume. It's looking like a weird incompatibility between the newer IPOD and the Uconnect. Could it be a USB version issue? I've even reinstalled the firmware on the IPOD but that didn't resolve the issue. The files are the same as on the 3rd gen IPOD Touch. I've been hunting the internet for info on this but have found little and none of it provides a solution.

Has anyone else run into a situation like this, and if so, have you found any solutions for the problem?

Thanks in advance.

• Official Dodge Support
On 5/22/2020 at 1:56 PM, Spektyr said:

I've been using an IPOD Touch 3rd Gen via USB for years without issues. I recently tried to use a 5th Gen IPOD Touch the same way and the sound is extremely distorted. Connecting via BlueTooth is ok and it works okay via USB on a Pioneer system in another vehicle, which proves that there is nothing wrong with the IPOD. It's bugging me why the older IPOD works okay on my Uconnect USB but the Newer one plays so distorted. I've tried turning the volume way down in the file tags to check if it's a hot signal issue but it still distorts at the lower volume. It's looking like a weird incompatibility between the newer IPOD and the Uconnect. Could it be a USB version issue? I've even reinstalled the firmware on the IPOD but that didn't resolve the issue. The files are the same as on the 3rd gen IPOD Touch. I've been hunting the internet for info on this but have found little and none of it provides a solution.

Has anyone else run into a situation like this, and if so, have you found any solutions for the problem?

Thanks in advance.

We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison

DodgeCares

This whole post is moot now since I'll have a 2018 GT with the Uconnect 3 8.4 in a couple of days. I hope that one doesn't have the same issue. I'll soon see.

I will enjoy the V6 and 6 speed tranny though. That 4 cylinder/4 speed in my 2013 SE was is real wimp.

• 1 month later...

Update -

The 8.4 works better with the newer Ipod but I just had to clear a bug in the hands free system by repairing my phone to it. A few days ago the people I called couldn't hear me but I could hear them. Repairing the phone cleared the problem so I now know how to fix it next time. Also, my phone doesn't always auto-connect to the system. It seems they haven't worked all the bugs out of these systems yet.