Battery Dead

My R/T wife's R/T wouldn't start yesterday. The battery was dead. I charged it up and it started fine. I didn't notice that anything was left on. The only thing I noticed before was when I open the door, once in awhile I head the cd/dvd changer moving. I would expect this wouldn't be on all the time, correct? Also, most new vehicles have some sort of battery saver built in....

The hard disc will always 'charge' when you open the door. It is getting set for ignition. The noise you hear is normal and has minimal or no power drain. The radio is off when the ignition is off and the shutdown timer has expired (usually 30 seconds to couple of minutes depending on how you set it up). I may suggest you ask the dealer to check for residual power drain with the ignition off to see where the power is being drawn. I cannot comment on the protection afforded to the battery in this vehicle but in some it is standard (higher end) or aftermarket install.