Hello from Montreal

gatrus

My first post in this forum. I'm in the midst of negotiating or a new journey as we speek. I was a little concerned about the engine size ( 4 cyl ). Is it powerul enough and how about gas mileage. Another concern is that the vehicule is built in Mexico. Will it look like a Jetta built in Mexico does. Its more like a pasta strainer lol.

My first post in this forum. I'm in the midst of negotiating or a new journey as we speek. I was a little concerned about the engine size ( 4 cyl ). Is it powerul enough and how about gas mileage. Another concern is that the vehicule is built in Mexico. Will it look like a Jetta built in Mexico does. Its more like a pasta strainer lol.

Welcome gatrus!

I can't answer your question about the 4cyl since I have V6. My engine is plenty powerful enough. I'm sure the 4cyl doesn't have the "zip" I'm used to, but whether or not it's adequate is entirely up to your personal needs & tastes. Many years ago I had a 4cy minivan and it was adequate for my basic transportation needs.

As for built in Mexico, I don't think that's an issue at all. Mine feels very solid and I haven't had a single problem, although it's only 2.5 months old. The Toluca plant down there is very modern. It's also where the PT Cruiser is made.

Welcome to the forum. You will not be disappointed (too much) with a Journey. However, the level of disappointment will rise with the 4 cyl choice. This is a heavy vehicle for a 4 cyl to propel. If you plan on doing some towing, more than two in vehicle etc. then the 3.5 is the way to go.