Greetings from a new Aussie STX owner

ARM-SXT

• 1 month later...

Would it be rude to ask you what the "pretty good price" was? I am currently negotiating with a dealer but I think they're asking too much for an SXT 2.7 Petrol ($40,000). I think they could knock a few dollars off but they seem unwilling... They reckon it's already discounted... yeah, right... I should have brought a violin along to play a tune while they were giving me this sad story about how others overprice their cars and then knock a bit off the price, but they're not like the others... they just give us a fair price and any accessories are extras... I'm expected to pay $40,000 plus about $3,000 for some extras... Especially with the strong aussie dollar I think they're making better profits then some months ago...

For that kind of money, make sure you ask for some freebies like a wind deflector and Dodge slush mats (thick rubber ones that match interior). Make sure the salesperson puts it in writing on the contract before you sign. Always makes a purchase better when you get 'free' stuff. BTW you could take their quote to another dealership and see if they will beat it which they likely will. Good Luck!