Drafty doors?

diggit

Hi all! Now that winter is settling in I have been noticing a draft from the bottom front doors. At first I thought that I might be blocking the lower heat vent with my legs but last night while driving home my wife in the passenger seat noticed it as well after I lowered the fan speed. After further feeling around it seems that the lower door seals aren't making good contact with the car body.

Has anyone else noticed this? I am going to call the dealership to let them know this week.

Are you sure that it doesn't come from the lower speakers in the doors?

Not 100% sure. My previous experience with drafty unsealed doors ( speakers and power lock installs) on other cars was I would feel a draft coming through any slit or hole in the door panel. I am only feeling the draft around the whole lower door seal on both drivers and passenger side. Also I tried to slide a sheet of paper between the door and body and it seemed to pass through a little too easy.

No one else notice this? I've got a 2 month old 2010 sxt.

Not 100% sure. My previous experience with drafty unsealed doors ( speakers and power lock installs) on other cars was I would feel a draft coming through any slit or hole in the door panel. I am only feeling the draft around the whole lower door seal on both drivers and passenger side. Also I tried to slide a sheet of paper between the door and body and it seemed to pass through a little too easy.

No one else notice this? I've got a 2 month old 2010 sxt.

Cant say that I've noticed but I'll pay extra attention to it when I get in the car tomorrow.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...