My Inferno SXT

Goldmember

• 1 month later...

I don't think you will be able to fit the rims you want on the vehicle unless you keep the exact same overall height. If you look under the front wheel well you see the shock mount only has about 1/4 inch clearance between it and the TOP of the tire. Yes, the geniuses at Dodge designed it retarded so you can't put bigger tires on it without modifying it drastically. I'm sure someone will eventually come out with modified shocks but for now you are stuck.

I wanted to put 31's on mine and no dice. I don't like the street tires I have on it as I live in Colorado and drive a lot in the snow. I haven't had the opportunity yet but I see your picture is in the snow. How does it handle in the snow?

• 6 months later...
I don't think you will be able to fit the rims you want on the vehicle unless you keep the exact same overall height. If you look under the front wheel well you see the shock mount only has about 1/4 inch clearance between it and the TOP of the tire. Yes, the geniuses at Dodge designed it retarded so you can't put bigger tires on it without modifying it drastically. I'm sure someone will eventually come out with modified shocks but for now you are stuck.

I wanted to put 31's on mine and no dice. I don't like the street tires I have on it as I live in Colorado and drive a lot in the snow. I haven't had the opportunity yet but I see your picture is in the snow. How does it handle in the snow?

So if can't put 22' on his wheel what is the bigest size he can put?

• 3 months later...

We have an Inferno Red SXT with the 19's as well.

I live in Ottawa, ON Canada. We get enough snow here. This vehicle drives so well in the snow! We were tempted to purchase snow tires this past winter. Once we drove in the first heavy snowfall though, we knew it wasn't necessary. Our tires were still very new, we only picked it up in September.

The clearance is helpful too. I remember one night, during a city wide public transportation stike, one of the lanes on my route home was covered in about six inches of slushy, wet snow. I didn't want to drive in it because our last vehicle would have gotten stuck in a heartbeat. My husband gave me some words of encouragment and I pulled into the lane. It was like there wasn't even any snow! In some respects, I had better traction than on the icy pavement. Of course, I still kept it under the speed limit, but very few other drivers were able to follow me.