17" kumho tires

techab

So I have had my 2010 sxt for about 3 weeks now and lucky me some nut dumped a load of nails on a bridge near my house. Even luckier I had to be one of the hundred people to get nails in their tires and then even luckier me; one of suckers had to pierce the sidewall forcing a replacement.

Anyways, I had to wait over a week for them to locate a replacement tire. In phoning around I have found out that the tires are nearly impossible to locate due to a shortage of them making it to Canada. Not sure about the US though. Repacement and service cost $250, ouch. Still looking to see if it can be an insurance claim or not.

So I have had my 2010 sxt for about 3 weeks now and lucky me some nut dumped a load of nails on a bridge near my house. Even luckier I had to be one of the hundred people to get nails in their tires and then even luckier me; one of suckers had to pierce the sidewall forcing a replacement.

Anyways, I had to wait over a week for them to locate a replacement tire. In phoning around I have found out that the tires are nearly impossible to locate due to a shortage of them making it to Canada. Not sure about the US though. Repacement and service cost $250, ouch. Still looking to see if it can be an insurance claim or not.

That sucks and I feel your pain. I've driven through construction sites littered with screws and nails and I've had lodged in my tires over the years.

If you are near the border and you can make it down there with your Journey, you could buy from the US. I found they are substantially cheaper than in Canada. Check this thread:

Good Place for Kuhmo Tires

Not the same size tire, but it should be around the same price for your size.

I've just recently bought new tires for my other car at Discount Tire in the US and saved a few hundred dollars. Customs charged me only GST and PST and didn't bother with duty (which is an extra 7% I believe).

If you can make it down there, it's worth it.

PS> For online retailers that don't have physical locations (like the one above), you could ship to either a US PO box and then pick it up and have it installed, or to the actual shop that will be installing your tires. Just make sure you call them to let them know and to have them call you when they arrive.

That sucks and I feel your pain. I've driven through construction sites littered with screws and nails and I've had lodged in my tires over the years.

If you are near the border and you can make it down there with your Journey, you could buy from the US. I found they are substantially cheaper than in Canada. Check this thread:

I've just recently bought new tires for my other car at Discount Tire in the US and saved a few hundred dollars. Customs charged me only GST and PST and didn't bother with duty (which is an extra 7% I believe).

PS> For online retailers that don't have physical locations (like the one above), you could ship to either a US PO box and then pick it up and have it installed, or to the actual shop that will be installing your tires. Just make sure you call them to let them know and to have them call you when they arrive.

Thanks for the tip, I am only 1.5hrs from the border and I know a few places I can have them shipped to. Never thought of doing that and then having them installed before coming back... very interesting.