Power Window Issue

Hey there,

I am new to the forum, but I can say I love my Journey!

Randomly the other day, all of my windows won't go down. When trying to put the driver side window down, the switch makes a weird clicking/humming noise, but nothing happens. When I use the drivers side switch for the other windows, nothing happens. When I try to put windows down using the other doors, nothing at all happens (no noise) and window does not go down. I checked the fuses in the passenger side fuse box, but they looked fine.

Has anyone else run into the issue? Or would anyone here have any ideas on what could be going on? Does the Journey have a power window relay?

Thanks for any help!!

Derek 

• 1 month later...

Apologies, I'm  a bit late on this thread so you may have the problem fixed by now. If not....

There are 4 things here that could go wrong -

1. the switch for the window 

2. the window regulator - this is the mechanical unit that slides the glass up and down.

3. the window motor - this is the motor that powers the regulator up and down.

4. Body control module (BCM) - this is the ecu that governs and monitors the various body-related systems such as doors & windows

However, if you can hear clicking, noises etc, it means...

- the switch appears to be working

- the motor is trying to power the window

- the BCM seems to be functioning normally

So, IMO, that means either the motor is not functioning correctly or the mechanism (regulator) to slide the window up and down is jammed.

If you have the time and inclination, you can remove the inner door lining (easy when you've done it once), and after re-attaching the electrical connections, press the switch to see what's happening. If there is clicking occurring, it could be that the regulator is jammed and cannot move the glass.  It could also be broken teeth or something similar on the motor itself.  You won't know unless the door lining is removed and you take a look at the components.  

BTW, you can use the following website to get an idea of the components involved. I've narrowed it down to 2013 MY door components.  The website also gives you an idea on parts-cost.

http://www.factorychryslerparts.com/showAssembly.aspx?ukey_assembly=1117260&ukey_make=1062&ukey_model=15496&modelYear=2013&ukey_category=20305

HTH!