New to the Mopar family

UltraNutZ

oh.. i didn't pay anywhere near $37k either. More in the range of $28k

so did a little investigating.

the stock sensor part # 68230113AB is a 3 pin sensor and obviously only for HVAC

the sensor I replaced it with is 68230114AB and is a 4 pin sensor so it's for light/HVAC

to further that, I went and pulled the sensor from the dash of my 2016 300s and it's the same 68230114AB part #

Also same color wires on the 4 pin harness as what's in the journey.

here's the sticker off the Journey

https://www.dropbox.com/s/owpj02058ob5x6v/WindowSticker.pdf?dl=0

I was off a little on the numbers. Must be the MSRP i was thinking was $37k

On my window sticker, under Optional Equipment, it says: Customer Preferred Package 28V, but there is no pricing listed. So it must be part of what comes standard (?). Your sticker says: $1,100. I have all of these things that are listed, so now I now what it is!

Customer Preferred Package 28V $ 1,100
Crossroad Equipment Group
Leather Seats with Sport Mesh Inserts
Premium Door Trim Panel with Stitching
Cargo Net
Radio 8.4
8.4-Inch Touchscreen Display
Light Gray Accent Stitching
Power 6-Way Driver Seat
Power 4-Way Driver Lumbar Adjust
Front-Passenger Fold-Flat Seat
Passenger In-Seat Cushion Storage
Passenger Assist Handles
Front and Rear Aimable LED Lamps
Overhead Console
Air Conditioning with 3-Zone Automatic
Temp Control
Sun Visors with Illuminated Vanity Mirrors

Went to my Dealer again today, and again was told that Auto Headlights can not be added! We'll see about that, after I install the new parts!

Edited by dhh3

my autoenginuity tool should be here tomorrow.

Let us know how it works. The Auto Headlight Code has been removed again from the Dealer's list. This is why they can not activate them.

The same thing for DRLs happened last year. The Code disappeared but mysteriously reappeared. So, I had my DRLs turned on. I am going to install the switch and sensor when they arrive, and patiently wait for the Code to reappear. When you say that your lights come on with the ignition, is the switch in the Auto position? Do the lights still work as normal in the other positions?

I am curious how you will do this as Chrysler has removed the code for auto headlights.

Again: do your headlights work normal in the other positions? You said that they came on as soon as you started it: was the light switch in auto position? I want to go ahead and install the switch when it comes today, along with the sensor, but not if the headlights will always be on.

I am curious how you will do this as Chrysler has removed the code for auto headlights.

Again: do your headlights work normal in the other positions? You said that they came on as soon as you started it: was the light switch in auto position? I want to go ahead and install the switch when it comes today, along with the sensor, but not if the headlights will always be on.

according to AE, you don't need those Chrysler Codes. We'll see....

sorry thought I answered that for you already...

switch in auto position

turn car on, lights come on and stay on

turn car off, lights go off with the exit delay

switch in normal off position - functions just like yours does now.

So you can put it in, but if you want your headlights to stay off until you're ready to turn them on then you'll need to have it in the normal off position.

I just received the sensor and switch. The sensor is correct: it has 4 pins, where my original has three. However, the switch is identical to the switch in the car. I'll have to message the seller on ebay, to see what is going on. P/N on new switch: 68072001AC. Something weird is going on.

yeah that's the stock part # for what's already there.

I plugged up the AE tool, got everything activated, played around for a few minutes with it but had to run out with the wife for a few minutes that turned into 4+ hours so didn't get anything done with that. I'll fool with it a little later this evening again.

I'll take some pics of the screens so you guys can see this thing, it's pretty damn cool what it can do and test in many of the body, steering, dash, etc. modules in the car.

This is the reply that I received from the seller on ebay:

per the catalog part number 68072001ac is for foglights no auto lamps: this is already installed in my DJ!
part number 4602890ac is for auto lamps
part number 56046258ac is for auto lamps with fog lamps: this is the one that I need.
Kind Regards,
Matthew
Maybe it is because yours is a 2016 and mine is a 2014.
Edited by dhh3

Somehow you got your pictures of the switches reversed. I just pulled mine out: 68072001AC: No Auto, with Fog, just as he stated in his reply to me. So, I actually ordered the switch that I already have. I'm working with the ebay seller to see if he will exchange the switch for me.

Edited by dhh3

The Sales Code for Auto headlights disappeared off of Chrysler's list. Hopefully, they will add it back on, just like the DRLs. Hopefully, he can get around this with the gizmo that he ordered.

Edited by dhh3

The sales code is LMG and yes you're correct - it disappeared per another online Mopar Tech I was talking to.

This AE tool, lists all the control modules, I just have to figure out which one contains the auto headlights. hopefully I'll get into that part of it this evening when I get home.

Correct switch ordered. They will allow me to return the other one, even though it is an electrical part. So, good deal for me. I'll install the sensor when the new switch arrives. Then patiently wait for the Sales Code to reappear!