So, the wife and I ordered our very first new vehicle; a 2014 Journey SXT Plus. I have to say I was very excited about the opportunity to watch it go through the assembly process. Now, I'm just quite disappointed that apparently the VOTS is down and has been for far to long. Any word on whats up with this? I feel bad bugging my dealer approx. once a week to get any type of update.

I used it when I ordered my '13 in late '12. Was an interesting concept, but, once it did the factory thing (a couple of days from start to loading on a train), it wasn't much good for the remaining time. Once it got on the train, the VOTS didn't track it any longer other than to say "In transport". The train meanders around the company country and the cars (the train cars) get dropped, a few cars unloaded, then sit while waiting for another train, then to another city where they get dropped, etc. Once the vehicle is dropped in a city considered a "hub" for your dealer, the car is off-loaded from the train where it sits on a lot awaiting enough other cars to make truck transport economical. At no time during the process was there any further information in the VOTS output. Travel time, for my car, was a bit over three weeks, and that was to PA.

So, if you know your vehicle cleared the build process, which really doesn't take long, and was awaiting shipping, you won't get much more from the VOTS. Once the car hit my dealership, it was another 3 days while they did the delivery work; cleanup, deprogramming the transport mode, verifying the options were all there and worked, getting their paperwork done so the car could be transferred, etc.

Edited by webslave

• 4 months later...