2011 Dodge Journey Mainstreet Camshaft Position Sensor?

Ethan Wallace

I have a few questions about a repair I am needing done.

My trouble starts usually in the morning when the car is cold and has been sitting for 8 hours. If it's below like 60 degrees outside as soon as I start to accelerate the car throws the CEL and a flashing lightning bolt on the display. I pull over, chill for a minute and then power cycle the car. The lightning bolt goes away and the CEL persists until the car has been power cycled a few times throughout the day.

I had the CEL code run at autozone and it gave me a P00017 Camshaft/Crankshaft Position Sensor Bank 2 readout.

I have searched and searched on this issue and I can't seem to find a definitive video on how to replace this on my own nor can I figure out if I need to replace the Camshaft or Crankshaft sensor.

Among the fixes I have read for this problem seem to be pretty different. I've read that changing the torque on the crankshaft bolt to 155 fixes the problem. Changing the VVT Solenoid will fix it. Changing the Camshaft/Crankshaft sensors...I don't know where to start or what to start trying to fix first and I really need to get this done before it gets super cold here.

Any help is super appreciated.