Good by Journey......

rozwell911

....But not the community.. ;)

Let me explain what happened:

Back in last January I was being forced to trade my 03 mustang for a more family practical car due to a divorce and having a daughter....well, the real reason is that the 03 back seats are much too small to get a car seat in and out, and for me to be bending over to put my daughter in...also the door opening was not tall enough IM to be moving in and out so offten.

So i traded it on on a Journey with only 8 miles on the new dodge. They were selling it for 18, 000.00$'s litterly brand new...I asked them why so cheap? The salesman then explaines that it was a buy back from the chrysler because the original dealer sold it went bankrupt. so they got the car....i thought it was a deal and was told it would ahve lifetime warranty.

A month after i signed paperwork, i get an extened warranty notice in the mail stateing that my powertrain only has 3 yr. 36000...i was like WTF?!

So i called the dealer and they told me that it never had Lifetime, and that i was incorrect in thinking they said that...mind you i had to of my closes frineds with me when i bought the car....so it was no lie on my end.

SO i called and complained to Chrysler...which was little help at the time...they said i had to deal with the dealer....well in april the dealer closes its doors forever...so now i am like WTF...so i continue to hound Chrysler Corp...all i wanted was for them to honor the Lifetime Powertrain....well long story short, chrylser stiffed me from everything.

So i traded the journey in this weekend for the car i really wanted that i could not get at the time. an 07 ford mustang GT....originally i was trying to trade in my older stang for a new one becasue the door and back seats are bigger and fit my daughter comfortably back there.

so i found a dealer and got what i want for the same monthly payment i payed on the journey.

That being said, i am not leaving this community becasue i like it here and what to help you guys out as much as i can...

So goodby journey....i will miss it, but it was not me.

What all issues did you have with your Journey. Every single issue please.

SXT 3.5 FWD 7 Seater

I posted it in the 13000 mile revview in the forums..But here is the short break down:

TSB: Rear Camber nut re-torqued

TSB: Power Steering Cap

TSB: Hard shifting Transmission/ Clunk in reverse (replaced CPU unit and re programed)

TSB/ Warranty: WIN Module (Alram going off while i pushed unlock button on FOB)

Warranty: Sunvisor Broke/ Passanger Side No abuse, just from passanger use...Piece of crap IMO.

Unresolved with Chrysler:

Front pads going bad at 12,000 miles becasue i was 70 miles past the MFG warranty period they would not honor. Replaced with Wager Ceramic pads. Rotors warped at same time.

AC did not seem to get cold enough right away in 90+ degree weather..took 20 minutes to a half hour of free way driving to feel cold.

Dealer could not duplicate, said ac was blowing at 49 degrees at ac box.

Non- Warranty Issues:

19 inch wheel tire size options is too few and far between. OE tires are nice in wet and dry weather but seem to be too thin and do not resist road hazards well like other SUVs of a similar size with different OE tires (I had to patch 3 tires in 4 months after i bought the car.

All the TSB's and warrant issues were resolved and fixed with the exception of the 2 named above.