Paint Bubble

Mohanad S

I purchased my black 2016 Dodge Journey form Pembina Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ltd. mid-June 2016.

Ming of Winnipeg Rust Protection did the rust protection and undercoating for it on September.

I was unloading my shopping from my Journey and my friend spot Paint Bubble on the lower portion of the lift gate, both left and right side of the lower portion of the gate.

I took the car to the dealer next day Nov 10th, 2016. The dealer motioned that is the 1st time seen it, the dealer took few pictures and sent it to FCA Canada.

FCA Canada get back to me on Monday Nov 21st, stating that “Dodge Journey gate made of FIBERGLASS and this happened from an external cause…. And will not be covered by manufacturing warranty” They mean the Rust Protection is the cause! I contacted Ming right away, and I took the vehicle in. Ming looked at it and consulted a nearby body shop, then Paint Supplier and the wax supplier; none of them agreed with FCA Canada.

FCA Canada said that the dealer agreed with the decision! But when I asked the collision center at Pembina Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ltd about FCA Canada decision, the dealer said that FCA Canada rejected the claim and close the file without asking anyone at the dealership.

Is there any one have the same problem with 2016 Dodge Journey?