Dodge journey Reviews

rozwell911

This will just be w brief review of my car, both +'s and -'s about it. These are my personal experiences and it may not reflect those of other owners.

2009 SXT 3.5 L V6 FWD

Options: 6 disk in dash changer, duel anolog climate controls, sirius sat, (no advanced on board computer), 7 Seater, Rear privacy glass. I apologize, i do not know what groups i have as i bought it off the lot, not pre ordered. Keyless entry (fob) panic button (no auto start).

Purchase: Jan 10th 2009

Miles @ purchase: 8

Selling Dealer: Hartzihem Dodge in San Jose, CA (No longer in business)

Servicing Dealer: Stevens Creek Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge

Service Advisor: Dan Ranalli

Previous Issues:

WIN Module Replacement (Car would not start on first jey turn, Alarm will go off when i push unlock on the FOB)

PS (power steering) Resivour TSB replacment (should have been done by selling dealer, was not)

PCM (Hard shifting problem), TSB replacement of PCM module and reprograming

Tightening/re torquing of CTL Arm and suspension bolts, TSB (should have been done by selling dealer, was not)

Pass. Side sunvisor door broke off, Warranty, replaced

Previous issues not resolved:

All of the above was taken care of in the month of June by my servicing dealer. The only thing that took a while to get was the PCM, but everything else they had in stock. The PCM was not installed till late june, early july, and has since corrected the problem with the hard shifts.

Current Issues:

Front Brake squeel, Slightly warped front rotors, @ 12,077 miles (19,436 KM)

Current Issues not resolved:

I did the brakes myself. I replaced with Wagner Ceramic pads from my local Kragen Autoparts (O Rilley's to mid-western folks). I did not repalce the rotors, but the new pads corrected the warped rotors. No more vibration at any speed. Upon futher communication with my service advisor, Dan told me these stock brakes are horrible and do not last like they should. The Brake compound they use is that off the Caliber, so becasue of the vehicle weight, the pads ware down and rotors warp failly fast. Side note, brake warranty is 12 mo/12,000 miles or for people who live in a metric world, 12mo/20,000 KM. Apparently Chrysler, since coming out of bankrupcy has no leanentcy regarding this warranty. If your even 1 mile over or 1 day over, do not expect them to help you. Some dealers may internal the new brakes, but expect no help from corporate.

Also i messured the pads on the front, it seems that the ware squeel starts just under a 1/4 inch of pad left, when for all intents and porpouses, is still a decent amount of pad left.

Driveability:

No driveability issues in all 13000 miles driven. other than the brakes mentioned above. I will say this, i like the way the stock Kuhmo tires (19 inch alloy wheels) feel on long drives...feel very secure. Decent in wet weather, but could be better. My main concern is their tread life. I realised (by mistake) that if your not consistantly rotating your tires every 5000(8000km) miles, tread life can seriously degrade on the front tires. I did not rotate till 9000(14500 km) miles and you could physically see the difference in tread from the front too the rear. there was still plenty of life in the tires, but if i ignored it, i'd be replacing the fronts very soon. Recomendation: rotate consistantly. Car is most likley a 65/35 weight distrobution. that + being FWD causes faster than normal front tire wear.

Recomendation: Repalce tires with a longer lasting model or brand/compound. These tires are not the best for this type of vehicle. 19's are hard to find tires for. Tire Rack seems to have the best choices. Also if you go one or 2 sizes wider on the tires, more options open up as to what you can put on.

Over all: I love the car, i maintain her inside and out myself by hand. The paint on my car (Metallic Black) seems to be of top quality. No chips yet (except for door edges, which is to be expected due to the thiness of the paint in that area), no fading of paint or clear, no rust. No suspension creaks that seem abnormal. Long distance drives feel solid and comfortable. Seats could be a bit more supportive/comfortable, especially the captains chairs. Only other quirk i ahve is with the SHocks/Struts. I wish they were slightly stiffer, and the spring rate on the spings was stiffer also. On dips in roadways and speed bumps, i get the boat wave going through the Journey. It will bounce for about 4 or 5 times before leveling out. I understand( and have felt) that on long road trips at higway speeds it makes for a slightly more comfortable ride, but sometimes the bumps, especially when untoiced, make me feel like the car may lose control.

Servicing Dealer:

Top notch. I have had no problems with this dealer. Service advisor is exceptional. Very honest and stright forward about everything including the quality of the brakes. No complaints.

I will be updating this thread with future reviews from here on out. Next one will be at 20000 mile marker (32,000 KM) and then every 5000 miles after that (8000km).

Please if you have any questions and comments about my reviews, please ask in this thread, i'd be more than happy to answer them. Also, if you have any reviews you wish to post about your personal Journey, please feel free to do it here. it helps to keep the information all in one location.

Also, i ask that we keep on topic in this thread, as i do not want the reviews to get lost in off topic conversation.

I hope this added thread will help everyone here.

Also, to help with reading the reviews, please try and use the same format i used here, it will help with keeping all the perniate information consistant in each post!

Thanks all,

Lupe