Synthetic oil for the Journey SE (2.4-liter four-cylinder engine)

email4walker

If you need better take off speed in your SE, switch to Synthetic oil. I switched to it and I instantly notice my take offs are much better now. Don’t get me wrong, it is not V6 power, but its definitely better power now. I switched over to synthetic at 3300 miles. The bad news is a synthetic oil change cost around $80, but the good news is if you want to, you can wait and get your oil change every 10,000 miles now. Our car manual said we should get our oil change every 6000 miles (using regular oil).

I just switched to Mobil 1 5w20 at 2,000 miles. I haven't noticed extra power, but I think it is quieter...but then again it could be my wishful thinking. I have a scanguage 2 and I do believe I am seeing better mileage, but I've only driven it about a quarter of a tank on the synthetic. Although I like this car a lot, I don't drive it very much so it will take me a while to report back. During the first 2k miles with the factory fill, I was noticing gradually improving mileage and lessening engine noise on hard acceleration.

I just switched to Mobil 1 5w20 at 2,000 miles. I haven't noticed extra power, but I think it is quieter...but then again it could be my wishful thinking. I have a scanguage 2 and I do believe I am seeing better mileage, but I've only driven it about a quarter of a tank on the synthetic. Although I like this car a lot, I don't drive it very much so it will take me a while to report back. During the first 2k miles with the factory fill, I was noticing gradually improving mileage and lessening engine noise on hard acceleration.

Sythentic oils have been theroized to help produce 1-3 more HP in most applications. The reason i say theorized is because it fall's into a dyno's area of error witch is 5hp.

My it is possible that you are trully feeling a slight power boost, but it is also possible that you are feeling what you want or wish to feel...its happen to me a few times in different cars.

Also, the CPU's in our cars learn and adapt to your own personal driving style...that could have something to do with it too.