CLUNKING

jwh012781

Periodically after stopping (stop sign, traffic light, etc.) my AWD Journey feels as though someone tapped my bumper from behind. Could it be the transmission downshifting too late? Its quite disturbing and makes you look in the rearview mirror when it happens. Truly feels like someone hit the vehicle.

I am not used to an AWD but perhaps this is normal. Any thoughts? Hopefully it will get better as the miles add up (only 3K now)

• 1 month later...
Periodically after stopping (stop sign, traffic light, etc.) my AWD Journey feels as though someone tapped my bumper from behind. Could it be the transmission downshifting too late? Its quite disturbing and makes you look in the rearview mirror when it happens. Truly feels like someone hit the vehicle.

I am not used to an AWD but perhaps this is normal. Any thoughts? Hopefully it will get better as the miles add up (only 3K now)

Check the topic CLUNKING WHEN PUT INTO REVERSE. I have had this problem from day 2 and now with 28,000 miles I still have it.

I had this problem twice! It was happened for the first time in December and then dealer changed "solenoids box" in my Journey. The problem had gone for a several months ... The same problem came again in July! So, dealer made a "clutch-test" for transmition and no problem, no clunking! ... For a couple of months ... I feel it comes again (now it happens very seldom but it is)