My journey has the factory UConnect feature. I have paired it with my Verizon XV6800 and the sound quality is good.

But, I have a problem. The Uconnect will randomly go into call mode (mute radio, show phone display), even though the phone shows no activity and I didn't press any buttons. At first, I thought I was hitting buttons on the phone while it was in my holster, but I put it in the center cubby and the Uconnect did the same thing.

I tried unpairing and repairing using a different code and the same thing happens.

I don't know if this is a phone issue or a Uconnect issue. I'm going to try to pair my wife's phone to Uconnect this weekend and see what happens.

Does anybody have any ideas on why this may be happening or ideas to fix it?

• 1 month later...

I was reading on another forum and came across a comment about similar problems. They recommend updating the system software.

I'm not certain if the dealerships are setup to do this (yet), but if you want to attempt it yourself, you can download the files and burn an update disk yourself at this site:

http://mofv.com/mygig/

(Thanks to XPhyle for sharing this site).

My only suggestion is that you are meticulous about the whole process and download the update that is specific to your radio type so that you don't brick your radio.

-Ray