New here and let me know if you have had my problems.

missdee

Well Im new to the forum and Im also one of the owners who is finally fed up with my sxt 09 journey. I can say that I have been babying this car all maintenance and repairs being done at dodge dealerships. But they havent fixed anything. Sorry no wonder they are in hole. Im a florida resident and got my journey with 28 miles on the odometer. I bought my car in May of 08 and after 2k miles the problems started. :banghead: Its being Lemoned Im Done. I loved the car (3 Kids) but enough is enough.

So far Ive had my radio replaced.

I have had my rotors redone 2 times and replaced once. And still have wheel shaking issues when braking.

I have water entering my drivers side when going thru puddles and its coming fom the bottom and going into the backseat storage. Its been repaired once and still coming in I have mildew and maybe mold brewing under that carpet.

I have had my sunroof worked on and my carpet replaced once already.

Had the spring replaced in the front due to a clunking sound.

You name it I have been there with this car. And honestly Dodge should man up to making very defective vechiles. I have spokent to Starline (repair experts) and they cant even fis this.

Thank you for letting me vent :D

Well Im new to the forum and Im also one of the owners who is finally fed up with my sxt 09 journey. I can say that I have been babying this car all maintenance and repairs being done at dodge dealerships. But they havent fixed anything. Sorry no wonder they are in hole. Im a florida resident and got my journey with 28 miles on the odometer. I bought my car in May of 08 and after 2k miles the problems started. :banghead: Its being Lemoned Im Done. I loved the car (3 Kids) but enough is enough.

So far Ive had my radio replaced.

I have had my rotors redone 2 times and replaced once. And still have wheel shaking issues when braking.

I have water entering my drivers side when going thru puddles and its coming fom the bottom and going into the backseat storage. Its been repaired once and still coming in I have mildew and maybe mold brewing under that carpet.

I have had my sunroof worked on and my carpet replaced once already.

Had the spring replaced in the front due to a clunking sound.

You name it I have been there with this car. And honestly Dodge should man up to making very defective vechiles. I have spokent to Starline (repair experts) and they cant even fis this.

Thank you for letting me vent :D

I bought mine in May 08 as well and it was bought back by chrysler as a lemon in March 09. I had the engine replaced and a number of other items replaced/repaired as well, all under 10,000 miles. Good Luck.

I bought mine in May 08 as well and it was bought back by chrysler as a lemon in March 09. I had the engine replaced and a number of other items replaced/repaired as well, all under 10,000 miles. Good Luck.

yeah i forgot Ive had the fuel injectors replaced too. My lawyers telling me that with Chysler going rock bottom they may not honor the lemon law. Were waiting to see what happens.

At least you have a lemon law.

Front pads and rotors replace at 15,000kms, rear rotors machined.

Front passenger side window motor replaced. Then repaired.

Horn replaced because it would cut out when pressing it and need a few minutes to reset. (Still does this occasionally)

Power steering reservoir replaced. (To repair grinding on left turns, still does it, though not as bad)

PCM (Power-train control module) reprogrammed. (Transmission was "hunting" for gears, this fixed that)

Unidentified shudder in engine at idle. Shudder in steering wheel at highway speed. Shudder when breaking. All these shudders are inconsistent (meaning they are not always there and happen for varying lengths of time when they are). First dealer couldn't find anything wrong after three tries, it's going to a new Dealer.

Alarm module connections tightened (apparently they were loose and causing my alarm to lock me out when I tried to unlock the vehicle)

Interior lights shut off like the car was off, headlights still on, wouldn't turn back on, had to turn off and back on. They couldn't find a reason for this and so it hasn't been fixed.

I think our Journey's computer has a gremlin...

That's just what I can remember off the top of my head.

We purchased our SXT FWD Journey in September 2008.

Oh and here's something funny...You know those jokes about, "Oh, must have been built on a Friday". I found out the date my vehicle was built. It was a Thursday...close enough.

Well to everyone here your not alone. I think first yr models are lemons. Slowly Im remembering stuff and looking at my invoices Ive also had to have my key replaced.

Did you have the same vibration? And was it fixed. I also have that grinding noise when my car is parked and I turn the wheel they did a TSB on it and it was quiet for like a day.

Well to everyone here your not alone. I think first yr models are lemons. Slowly Im remembering stuff and looking at my invoices Ive also had to have my key replaced.

Did you have the same vibration? And was it fixed. I also have that grinding noise when my car is parked and I turn the wheel they did a TSB on it and it was quiet for like a day.

Mine started with the replacement of the power steering reservoir

Then the engine was tapping. they replaced lifters and exhaust lifters, still tapped

Replaced engine, on the way home check engine light came on, and it still tapped

Check engine light was due to technician not connecting a wire harness, they fixed this and changed rocker arms, still tapped

On the was home the tranny was banging, pulled in my garage and looked on the floor, tranny fluid all over

Back at dealer, they tore a transmission seal while replaceing the engine, and claimed they test drove and checked it out after the engine replacement, they claimed they drove it 80 miles and nothing but the moment i get in it is blowing fluid

The car would not start with the key fobs, it was like the battery was dead, but it was not, they had to replace the win module

The led lights for the back seats stopped working, they had to replace the unit as well

Check engine light came on again and the car was making a loud noise as if I was driving a groved pavement, happened at speeds of 45mph and usually after driving for 20 mintues. They changed the O2 sensor as this is what they say the code was for.

The new engine was still tapping so the redid the lifters and exhaust lifters, still tapped

Changed intake it still tapped and had a whislting noise coming from where the alternator was.

The check engine light came on again, for a faulty O2 sensor.

Left car at dealer after that.

Mine started with the replacement of the power steering reservoir

Then the engine was tapping. they replaced lifters and exhaust lifters, still tapped

Replaced engine, on the way home check engine light came on, and it still tapped

Check engine light was due to technician not connecting a wire harness, they fixed this and changed rocker arms, still tapped

On the was home the tranny was banging, pulled in my garage and looked on the floor, tranny fluid all over

Back at dealer, they tore a transmission seal while replaceing the engine, and claimed they test drove and checked it out after the engine replacement, they claimed they drove it 80 miles and nothing but the moment i get in it is blowing fluid

The car would not start with the key fobs, it was like the battery was dead, but it was not, they had to replace the win module

The led lights for the back seats stopped working, they had to replace the unit as well

Check engine light came on again and the car was making a loud noise as if I was driving a groved pavement, happened at speeds of 45mph and usually after driving for 20 mintues. They changed the O2 sensor as this is what they say the code was for.

The new engine was still tapping so the redid the lifters and exhaust lifters, still tapped

Changed intake it still tapped and had a whislting noise coming from where the alternator was.

The check engine light came on again, for a faulty O2 sensor.

Left car at dealer after that.

If your car is parked and you turn the wheel, it will make a noise, you're not really supposed to do that. It's hard on the steering and tires.

The thing is, the Journey has a "well-developed" power train. And though it's a new vehicle, they took a lot of technology from the Grand Caravan as well as other vehicles. So it doesn't really make sense that the Journey has all these problems.

It seems to me like it's more an issue of them rushing to get the vehicle ready and out to compete with the Ford Edge than with it being a "new vehicle",