Clonking when warm

WOLF

Hi people, i have the 2.0L diesel with 6 speed manual transmission, only had the car back from the dealers a few days, and twice now when the car has been in stop start traffic for more than 20 minutes, it starts to clonk when taking up the drive on the clutch, and has smelt of rotton cabbage/green veg when actually driving... but this clears once it has had a chance of cooling off a bit when finally moving...

any one had anything like this!!!

the car is starting to drive me nuts, less than 3000 miles and already had 3 visits to the dealers, Intercooler replacement (less than 400 miles) electrical issues, and at 2500 miles the pcm shut the thing down.....and all the electric in the engine inc the PCM have now been replaced!!

am loosing patience!!

any ideas?????????

• 1 year later...

Hi people, i have the 2.0L diesel with 6 speed manual transmission, only had the car back from the dealers a few days, and twice now when the car has been in stop start traffic for more than 20 minutes, it starts to clonk when taking up the drive on the clutch, and has smelt of rotton cabbage/green veg when actually driving... but this clears once it has had a chance of cooling off a bit when finally moving...

any one had anything like this!!!

the car is starting to drive me nuts, less than 3000 miles and already had 3 visits to the dealers, Intercooler replacement (less than 400 miles) electrical issues, and at 2500 miles the pcm shut the thing down.....and all the electric in the engine inc the PCM have now been replaced!!

am loosing patience!!

any ideas?????????

I had this EXACT same problem a few weeks ago sitting in a traffic Jam on the North End Road in Kensington, I have to say it put the bejesus up me, I pulled over and let the car cool down a few minutes and drove it home, it was fine once on the move and although I called the Main Dealer to get it checked out I never called back to make the appointment as the problem has not not come back, what I do now Is If Im sitting in traffic I leave the thing In Drive, the problem only started when I got lazy and slipped it into Neutral. sorry to hear about the other problems, I have an RT diesel Auto and so far nothing really to report, a bit of peeling paint on a door mirror and this brief event with the clunking transmission, seeing as how I bought it new and my family really really depend on it every day if it goes up the swanee then Im in deep do do....

let me know if the problem comes back and me ditto.