Seat belt alarm..

Hi Folks, another piece of info for you all...

due to an accident many years ago i am exempt from having to wear my seat belt, (which by law is compulsary over here in the U.K... unless you have an exemption certificate) and so things such as the constant chiming of the seat belt alarm are very annoying...to me,

in my Caliber it can be turned off via the E.V.I.C. settings

but the Journey requires a visist to your dealer.... who can with the aid of the plug in Scantool unit, put a stop to the chime, but the warning light will stay on.....

so if you are belt exempt this little helpful tip can be carried out.....

and to stop wasting our/your time, sort it out when you are having a service carried out!!!

Wolf

Hi Folks, another piece of info for you all...

due to an accident many years ago i am exempt from having to wear my seat belt, (which by law is compulsary over here in the U.K... unless you have an exemption certificate) and so things such as the constant chiming of the seat belt alarm are very annoying...to me,

in my Caliber it can be turned off via the E.V.I.C. settings

but the Journey requires a visist to your dealer.... who can with the aid of the plug in Scantool unit, put a stop to the chime, but the warning light will stay on.....

so if you are belt exempt this little helpful tip can be carried out.....

and to stop wasting our/your time, sort it out when you are having a service carried out!!!

Wolf

Found this on Pg 47 of owners man.

BeltAlert􏰄 Programming

The BeltAlert􏰄 can be enabled or disabled by your authorized dealer or by performing the following steps:

NOTE: The manufacturer of this vehicle does not recommend deactivating the BeltAlert􏰄

1. With all doors closed, and the ignition switch in any position except ON or START, buckle the driver’s seat

belt.

2. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position, (engine does not need to be running). Wait for the Seat Belt Reminder Light to turn off and then proceed to the next step.

NOTE: You must perform the following steps within 60 seconds of turning the ignition switch to the ON position.

3. Unbuckle the driver’s seat belt, allow the seat belt to retract, and then re-buckle the driver’s seat belt at least three times, ending with the seat belt buckled.

NOTE: Watch for the Seat Belt Reminder Light to turn on while the seat belt retracts and turn off while rebuckling the seat belt. It may be necessary to completely retract the seat belt each time.

4. Turn the ignition switch to the LOCK position. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming.

The BeltAlert􏰄 can be reactivated by repeating this procedure.

NOTE: When the BeltAlert􏰄 is deactivated, the Seat Belt Reminder Light will continue to illuminate as long as the driver’s seat belt is unbuckled/retracted.