Anyone install running boards on their Journey Lux or R/T?

I have a 2011 Dodge Journey Lux and I also have a 3 year-old daughter who is having a difficult time getting in or out of the vehicle. I would like to buy and have installed some running boards to help her! Problem I am running into is that many of the quality running boards like Owen make them for the Journey, but exclude the "Lux" or "R/T" due to the boards not being compatible with the trim package.

Has anyone bought and installed running boards on their Lux model? If so, which ones? Manufacturer? Model number?

Thanks!

Please feel free to email me at my work address, lthompson@victoryprofessional.com

Has anyone bought and installed running boards on their Lux model? If so, which ones? Manufacturer? Model number?

Personally I have side tubes on my car (see photo) and they look great IMO, I have to admit they have changed how I enter and exit the car. It seems that I have a much larger step into the car and I always seem to rub my pant leg on it when exiting.

I seriously would not recommend these for your daughter. I have a Golden Retriever who can have problems with these tubes, I am very watchful of him entering and exiting the car. Running Boards would probably help her entering and exiting the car.

Terry

146733255.jpg

Edited by Windancer

• 3 weeks later...

Where did you buy the front/side decorative chrome vents?

Believe it or not I purchased them at Walmart. I originally I bought them my convertible PT Cruiser and just never installed them. I sold the car and they laid around the garage for several years when I decided to use them and put them on my Journey. I don't mind them at all but they are a very personal taste.

Terry

Thank you for the reply, Terry. Yes. Your truck looks very nice! I like it. I see. I was afraid you'd say that. I can find very nice (even custom molded by Owen) running boards for every model of Journey EXCEPT the Lux or R/T, which none of them fit.

Thanks for your comments, If necessary I can get the Mopar number of these tubes.

Terry

Edited by Windancer