Bluetooth Device

kg75

I was excited to get my first car with built in bluetooth capability. It has great sound on my end, but a lot of people tell me I cut in and out. I have to repeat a lot. Took the car back within a month of purchase to fix some minor blemishes in the paint (the dealer had driven the vehicle for the first 3,000 miles) and they said there was a problem with Sirius signal interfering. They put in a different antennae. Seemed better at first, but I still get complaints. This is too nice of a function not to work properly. Anyone else have a similar problem? I have an LG Dare cell phone from Verizon. When I switch from bluetooth back to phone, the cutting out problem stops.

• 3 weeks later...
I was excited to get my first car with built in bluetooth capability. It has great sound on my end, but a lot of people tell me I cut in and out. I have to repeat a lot. Took the car back within a month of purchase to fix some minor blemishes in the paint (the dealer had driven the vehicle for the first 3,000 miles) and they said there was a problem with Sirius signal interfering. They put in a different antennae. Seemed better at first, but I still get complaints. This is too nice of a function not to work properly. Anyone else have a similar problem? I have an LG Dare cell phone from Verizon. When I switch from bluetooth back to phone, the cutting out problem stops.

hmm.... I'm not having the same issues as you. My wife and I have an HTC Touch and whenever she phones me from the car, it's loud and clear. This is also my first car with bluetooth capability and I must say that the combination of handsfree and voice recognition is unbeatable. I find it hard to believe it's the sirius signal interfering with your bluetooth... they operate on different radio frequencies... Anyway, when I come to think of it, the phone call goes through your phone and has nothing to do with your car's antennae... the bluetooth is just like a handsfree headset only it's wireless.

Some things that come to mind are:

1. Could be something wrong with your phone? Try a different one if possible. Not all bluetooth are the same. Some phones transmit weak signals while others do not. Some phones work with certain cars while others do not.

2. Distance of your phone from the radio. (On my HTC Touch, it actually worked from the trunk too)

3. A good test is to phone somebody while the car is stationary and see if the cutouts still happen.

hmm.... I'm not having the same issues as you. My wife and I have an HTC Touch and whenever she phones me from the car, it's loud and clear. This is also my first car with bluetooth capability and I must say that the combination of handsfree and voice recognition is unbeatable. I find it hard to believe it's the sirius signal interfering with your bluetooth... they operate on different radio frequencies... Anyway, when I come to think of it, the phone call goes through your phone and has nothing to do with your car's antennae... the bluetooth is just like a handsfree headset only it's wireless.

Some things that come to mind are:

1. Could be something wrong with your phone? Try a different one if possible. Not all bluetooth are the same. Some phones transmit weak signals while others do not. Some phones work with certain cars while others do not.

2. Distance of your phone from the radio. (On my HTC Touch, it actually worked from the trunk too)

3. A good test is to phone somebody while the car is stationary and see if the cutouts still happen.

I have not had an issue with my bluetooth either. I use a Blackberry Curve. One thing to try would be to place it in the cup in front of the arm rest. I have had problems with it on my hip and in the cup holder on the floor. That would be a cell reception issue though. Hope that helps.