Need Urgent Info on Heat/AC Vents in 5 Passenger

Julie

Hi everyone,

We had planned on getting a 7 passenger SXT AWD but there was a mixup and it's coming in as a 5 passenger model (not a dealer mixup - this is a fleet car).

We have to decide if we want to accept the car as it is or order/source a new one.

I prefer the layout on the 5 passenger model as I don't expect we'd actually use the third row of seats as they don't look very comfortable. The biggest thing that we were happy about the 7 passenger model was that it also came with the three-zone air conditioning/heating so that driver and passengers can set their own temps and also have it in the rear as well.

I've tried to find out how the A/C heating vents work on the 5 passenger model but I keep getting different answers. I know that the controls are only in the front and only have one setting for the whole car, but one person told me that the only vents for the ENTIRE vehicle are on the dashboard, so it's hard to heat/cool the car, especially for anything in the back, like a dog. Another person told me that there are still vents in the second row and rear, but just no separate controls.

Does anyone have a 5 passenger model (without the upgrade premium convenience package as that changes the A/C Heating) that can tell me if there are vents either in the ceiling or floor for the second row and cargo area?

It would be a HUGE help as we have to make our decision very soon.

Thanks!

Julie

I have the 5 passenger model. On the base model, you have 1 manual control for the entire car. Yo can have, in option, two-zone manual or automatic controls. I have the two-zone automatic and it is really great. In the rear, you only have 2 vents on the floor, under the driver and passenger seat. The three-zone (and rear vents for all passengers) is only available with the 7 passenger model.

I have the 5 passenger model. On the base model, you have 1 manual control for the entire car. Yo can have, in option, two-zone manual or automatic controls. I have the two-zone automatic and it is really great. In the rear, you only have 2 vents on the floor, under the driver and passenger seat. The three-zone (and rear vents for all passengers) is only available with the 7 passenger model.

Thanks for the info - that's what worries me about the 5-passenger model. I worry that there won't be enough air circulation to keep the second row, and especially the cargo area, cooled or heated as need be.