Journey CVP engine oil leakage

jojogg

I have Journey CVP 2013 and find the engine oil leaking from the engine oil pan and seems gasket leaking.

Is any one have same problem or any recall regarding this?

It is too bad only drove less than one year and gasket leakage happened.

Milage is around 25000km and will bring the car to dealer to repair. Should this is under warranty?

I changed enigne oil four times and 3 from dealer and recent one is from Costco. Does different brand engine oil cause the leakage?

Thank you in advance.

I have Journey CVP 2013 and find the engine oil leaking from the engine oil pan and seems gasket leaking.

Milage is around 25000km and will bring the car to dealer to repair. Should this is under warranty?

I changed enigne oil four times and 3 from dealer and recent one is from Costco. Does different brand engine oil cause the leakage?

Thank you in advance.

These things happen.....Warranty should cover the oil leak and if the oil Costco used meets Chrysler MS-6395 standards, which it should, you are fine. Nothing wrong with getting your vehicle serviced somewhere else other than the dealer....just keep those invoices from Costco for proof of maintenance.

Edited by Journey_SeXT

Thank you for your valuable infomation. Does the gasket leak often? Feels a little bit unlucky so far.

These things happen.....Warranty should cover the oil leak and if the oil Costco used meets Chrysler MS-6395 standards, which it should, you are fine. Nothing wrong with getting your vehicle serviced somewhere else other than the dealer....just keep those invoices from Costco for proof of maintenance.

The front seal leaked on mine and replaced under warranty. I'd take it to Costco and have them check their work before visiting the dealer.

If the oil is leaking from the oil pan gasket then I would say to go straight to the dealer and not to have Costco touch anything as it may void the warranty if they attempt fixing something that is a Dodge warranty issue......personally for just an oil change the dealer is not that much more expensive than the chain oil shops so it would be safer to stick with the dealer during the warranty period but that is entirely up to the OP as they are free to get the oil done anywhere.

If the oil is leaking from the oil pan gasket then I would say to go straight to the dealer and not to have Costco touch anything as it may void the warranty if they attempt fixing something that is a Dodge warranty issue...

If indeed it is the pan gasket. If it's a leaky filter or plug from the Costco oil change Dodge would be justified in charging to diagnose and correct it. If the leak isn't severe I see no harm first having Costco check it.

• Official Dodge Support

Thank you in advance.

jojogg,

Your pan wouldn't be leaking because of workmanship at the independent unless they knocked it or something along those lines.

This sounds like an issue with the gasket which your warranty will very likely cover as it sounds to be a defect. I would get your vehicle to the dealer right away, you could be in hot water if the leak progresses quickly and causes damage. Not something you want to ignore or chance.

Keep us posted if you can, cheers!

Update!

The dealer confirmed the leaking from pan and changed the gasket and resealed it under the warranty. The only cost was they need change engine oil one more time. Now the car does not leak any more and hopefully it will last for a long time.

Thanks for all your guys' valuable information.

jojogg,

Your pan wouldn't be leaking because of workmanship at the independent unless they knocked it or something along those lines.

This sounds like an issue with the gasket which your warranty will very likely cover as it sounds to be a defect. I would get your vehicle to the dealer right away, you could be in hot water if the leak progresses quickly and causes damage. Not something you want to ignore or chance.

Keep us posted if you can, cheers!

• Official Dodge Support

Update!

The dealer confirmed the leaking from pan and changed the gasket and resealed it under the warranty. The only cost was they need change engine oil one more time. Now the car does not leak any more and hopefully it will last for a long time.

Thanks for all your guys' valuable information.

jojogg,

Thank you so much for the update, very happy to hear your Dodge dealer sorted everything out !

Take care, happy holidays !