Brilliant Black '13 Crew

burn2011

Hi Everyone!

Picked up my new '13 Brilliant Black Crew last weekend. We took advantage of the great clear out sales and traded in my '08 Sunburst Orange Caliber for the Journey. So far I love it! Seems to be getting pretty good gas mileage so far. First thing I did was get the front windows tinted :)

I was a little disappointed to see a scratch when I picked it up (dealer promised to fix at first oil change) and a few swirl marks in the sunshine from a poor prep job that I have noticed over the last couple of day. Any suggestions for black wax to fill in these initial marks? I highly doubt the dealer will take responsibility so I am on my own.

EDIT: I also have a mark on the back bumper where the white chalk? dry erase marker? from transit didn't completely come off the black paint. Almost looks like the white soaked into the black, as the mark is a charcoal grey colour. Any suggestions on cleaning this off?

Edited by burn2011

I need to remind the salesman of the scratch (of course he never got back to me about it), so perhaps I will do that tomorrow and let him know about the swirl marks. They aren't bad but definitely noticeable in the sunlight. I wish it hadn't been overcast or raining the first few days I had the car or I would have noticed them before yesterday. I have a feeling they will blame it on the tint company, even though they only did the front two and the swirls are at the back.

The dealer said he wouldn't fix the swirls marks because he was afraid to make it worse by buffing the car. I guess I will accept that as I am also afraid they will make it worse! Instead they applied the paint protection to see if that helps for under $100. Hopefully it did the trick.... I still see swirl marks but hopefully it at least doesn't get any worse for a while.

Wouldn't or couldn't? They should bring it it to a professional detailer. Some of the goods one work magic on paint. On the advice of my detailer, I didn't let them touch my Journey when it was delivered. I gave them strict instructions to just remove the plastic on the seats and paper only - no washing. I took it directly to the detailer who cleaned the paint before he treated it. It came out amazing. Your experience shows me that I made the right decision. I never let the dealer wash mine at any time. They have instructions to leave it alone. You deserve what you paid for!

Edited by rolly

Wouldn't or couldn't? They should bring it it to a professional detailer. Some of the goods one work magic on paint. On the advice of my detailer, I didn't let them touch my Journey when it was delivered. I gave them strict instructions to just remove the plastic on the seats and paper only - no washing. I took it directly to the detailer who cleaned the paint before he treated it. It came out amazing. Your experience shows me that I made the right decision. I never let the dealer wash mine at any time. They have instructions to leave it alone. You deserve what you paid for!

Agreed. My issue is when I picked up the car, it was parked inside and looked perfect except for one scratch. Then it was overcast and rained for three days. It wasn't until the fourth day in the sunshine that we could see the 'dealer installed' swirl marks. If I had been able to see the car in the sun the day I picked it up, they would be more easily swayed to be helpful. Unfortunately for me it was after I had it a few days that we noticed the issue. Lesson learned - don't let the dealership touch my next new car! :(

I think I will have to accept it for what it is, and save some cash for a professional detailing job in the spring. That way I know it will be perfect for sunny days next summer.

Burn,

I wouldn't give up just yet. Why not contact Chrysler customer service to see if they are willing to help. DodgeCaresCa might also be of assistance. Chrysler has been very good about keeping their customers happy since Fiat took over. I would be giving the dealership an earfull. It's worth a shot. Persistance pays off.

Burn,

I wouldn't give up just yet. Why not contact Chrysler customer service to see if they are willing to help. DodgeCaresCa might also be of assistance. Chrysler has been very good about keeping their customers happy since Fiat took over. I would be giving the dealership an earfull. It's worth a shot. Persistance pays off.

I have to go back in today to pay $100.... hopefully they will be of more assistance. However it is supposed to start raining and without sunlight on the car it is hard to see the fine scratches (I can, but I am anal about how my vehicles look). I am in a small town and don't want to be 'that' person, but also want my new car to look new. I'll let you know what they have to say today. Ugh!